I thought you were.

No, what you've done there is confuse 'billionaire' with 'tosser'

Easy mistake to make ;)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Boats have pointy ends and blunt ends.

The Sunseekers have an excellent name Worldwide. Their mechanical features are renowned.
Now this particular model does look rather revolutionary for Sunseeker, as the yachts I have been on were more sedate (what isn't!?) than that, more for the shiny happy weekender.

This one has the lines of a Riva - Italian, and naturally they always make everything look like it's doing 90 when it's standing still.
Mainly because it will do a lot of standing still once the engine gets found out, and the mechanics' quote comes in. The great things about the Italians is they make things that look amazing, outside and in. In the past I've looked at both a Baglietto and a Riva with thoughts of buying them, and they do make spectacular vessels. The Riva had a smooth sliding cocktail cabinet that seemed to came out of nowhere! The navigation and control desk looked like it was designed by Bang and Olufsson. The state-room had a thin-screen tv that popped/slid up from one of the bulkhead cabinets. The spiral starcace to the forward cabins had lovely light wood, and the cabins themselves made you feel like you were in the Riviera even if you were sequestered away under some dirty derrick dockland loading area!
The Baglietto was made in the 60's, and featured built-in toothbrush holders, towel racks that looked amazing.

Unless you are a billionaire, an option in life might be to forget about owning a house and living on a boat. I did it for 7 years, wouldn't have exchanged the experience for anything. However, like cars, boats have a huge drop in resale value, so personally I wouldn't advocate buying new. Usually, someone else 'irons out the wrinkles' and adds several fancy electronics when they buy a new one, so buying second hand - you get all that extra stuff without having had to pay for installing it, and for pennies on the pound.

Nowadays the makers of these luxury vessels realise that it's 'the missus' who often decides on a boat! So - they appoint them with nice soft tucked leather, curved furniture, nice little sliding cabinet drawers in every nook and cranny, nice utility showers etc. You would never know you were on a boat, everything is so comfortably set up!

Better sweep lots of chimneys and sell that box at Bournemouth F.C. duh, and start saving up :lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
NMH said:
...as the yachts I have been on...

As a sailing purist, can I just point out a Sunseeker is not a yacht, it's a motorboat.

:lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Biscuit said:
I'm going to go and buy a boat to live on, must be cheaper than a house!

Boat%20Rental%20Page%20Boat.jpg

I guess it would be :lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
bhafc99 said:
As a sailing purist, can I just point out a Sunseeker is not a yacht, it's a motorboat.

:lolol:

as a Royal Navy purest I would like to point out that a Boat is a submarine :)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
As a layman I would like to say if something looks like a boat, feels like a boat, smells like a boat and acts like a boat then it probably is a boat and not a ship.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
REDLAND said:
as a Royal Navy purest I would like to point out that a Boat is a submarine :)

If I have it correct, a boat goes under the water, whereas a ship goes on the water???

My Grandad does have his uses, lol.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Frutos said:
If I have it correct, a boat goes under the water, whereas a ship goes on the water???

Eh? Don't parts of both ships AND boats go under the water virtually the whole time?

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Frutos said:

A yacht has a sail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here