Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone going to buy the last ever News of the World?

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
A newsagent I know has ordered twice the normal amount,it had already the biggest circulation in the world so it's going out with a bang!

Most read English language newspaper, not biggest circulation in the world!

Anyway, I can't believe people are buying it after all the abuse that's gone the papers way this week. Just goes to show how Murdoch has got everyone going his way

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Anyone who thinks snapping up numerous copies because "they'll be worth a fortune in the future" is a bit deluded, I think.

Quite. They are printing 5 million copies, hardly a collectors item.

I would consider buying one if they gave ALL revenue from this issue to charity, not just the profit. But as I am 6500 miles away, it is academic anyway!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Most read English language newspaper, not biggest circulation in the world!

its certinaly not the most *read* paper, the Sun has a readership of over 7 million. im not sure really why its being claimed to have the largest circulation either, again the Sun sells more. it is however the biggest seller on Sunday.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Definitely won't be buying it, like the poster above, I can't see how a run of 5 million could be called a collectors item. I am more interested in what it was that Rebekah Brooks was alluding to in saying that in one year's time we would understand the reason why the paper was closed, that something so massive was behind it. I can't see how anything more serious than hacking the messages of a missing schoolgirl, the parent of a murdered schoolgirl or the families of dead servicemen could be revealed, unless it is something that would be incredibly harmful to our nation.

I now have a greater idea of why Brooke has been allowed to remain in charge, she will surely become the sacrificial lamb for the Murdoch clan when the shit really does hit the fan, an animal when attacked defends itself and she will become their invincibility shield.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I prefer the Sunday Sport myself.

Great Corrie Lesbo Special on todyas front page.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
I've just been to the garage to fill up and saw loads of NOTW left. Not surprising really, it's been a crap paper for virtually as long as Murdoch has owned it. To all the people who think it has a good football section I presume they don't like too many words cluttering up the full page pictures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here