Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else pooing a brick over transfers?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
In Gus We Trust

A bit of a cliche maybe, but it rings true here I think. I have absolute faith that he will still be here at the start of the season and absolute faith that he and the Chairman will have got us a proper Championship squad ready and waiting to go.

Agree. Bennett is much more of a loss than Murray and I think will be difficult to replace. We now need 7 or 8 new players but trust them to get on with it. They know what they're doing.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
not pooing, but nervously excited.
I cannot wait to see the next move by Gus. For someone I don't know personally, I have unquestionable faith in him and his ability to lead the Albion towards the top tier.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just want to see us sign players instead of this one out one in situation.

It isn't even as good as 1 out 1 in yet, we let a load of squad players go on frees, like Holroyd, Hart, Batti and baz etc on top of Murray and probably Benno.

Only 2 chelsea Lads + Hoskins so far, puts the squad at a big net reduction in numbers as of today.

Lucky its still more than 2 months till we kick off.... IGWT

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Poyet will stay,

and being a positive guy, will have great plans, financed by the 4 or 5 fold increase in turnover for this Summer.

He will manage in PL or La Liga one day, but is so young, knows time is on his side. Why be a job-hopper now? He's still learning his trade.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are in much better financial condition than the last two times we got to the Championship and it will be very good.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Poyet is not stupid. Losing Murray and Bennett was always likely to happen. The fact that he kept both to ensure we crossed the finish line in first place, shows how savvy he can be. Replacement(s) are/were lined up. Not in the slightest bit worried.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Why cannot people accept that a player (regardless of natural skill) who wants away is not likely to give 100% and we're better off without them! The trick is to find the talent that DOES want to wear the shirt. When that happens, and it will, then the likes of Murray and Bennett will fade quickly from memory. Good luck to them - now let's get over them and embrace this brave new world! We can survive and thrive - honest!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hoskins, it's Hoskins

I do know that. I just mistyped. Seriously. It's not a case of me getting the name wrong like Woods or Foster, I know his name is hoskins, just my fingers seemed to ignore my mind and type hopkins in that instance.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I believe this phase of transfer activity is merely an opening exchange,call it a borderline skirmish if you like-Murray & Bennett were almost certain to go-i can't wait for the real action to begin-the 5-7 players we are actually going to sign up.

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Nope quite the opposite to be honest, we are better off than we have been in a long time. We have a great new stadium and brilliant manager to pull in players as well as a clever and very sensible chairman. I have every confidence that we will have a decent squad in place come August ready to challenge in the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here