Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else having trouble in receiving SKY?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Over the past three days reception of SKY has been poor,loss of sound and picture freezing,message continually flashing up advising loss of signal.
Later message advised turn off digital box for 5 mins, this seemed to work around midday today however problem has re-occurred this eveninghttp://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/images/smilies/mad.gif

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nope - no problems for us in Shoreham-By-Sea - do you have your own dish? Have you checked it? (ie did a big fat seagull shit on it?)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In all seriousness, have you tried turning the sky box off and on again?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Over the past three days reception of SKY has been poor,loss of sound and picture freezing,message continually flashing up advising loss of signal.
Later message advised turn off digital box for 5 mins, this seemed to work around midday today however problem has re-occurred this eveninghttp://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/images/smilies/mad.gif

Sounds like your dish has gone out of alignment. Look in your settings for signal strength, signal quality or it could be the LNB thats playing up.
Unfortunately if its a sky dish its one of these cheap crappy things.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had this problem a couple of months ago and it got gradually worse, had to have an engineer come out and fix it.
DO NOT accept the £60 callout charge their call centre will try to palm off on you, and don't bother with the insurance. Just threaten to cancel and move to Virgin, they'll fold and send someone out for nuffin.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Anyone who pays a callout charge is a mug. The Virgin ruse will only work in you live in a cabled area (here in BN2 1 Central Brighton they have decided its too costly to lay cable :facepalm:). Cancellation is your weapon of choice, if that fails then a quick email to James Murdoch will make sure that one of his lesser beings will be on the phone to you in a flash.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've got problems with mine, but only with the HD channels (Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports News and Comedy Central seem to be the worst). When you flick over to them it just comes up and says no signal is being received. You flick off the channel and flick back and it's fine. However the issue is it is if you set something to record on Sky+ and it's not getting a signal on the channel it doesn't record. If it's something you've got series linked and it misses it then it fucks up your series link and you have to go through and add it again.

Looking at the signal settings input 1 is at about 70% and input 2 is about 65% although the quality on both is about 90%.

Have had my dish for getting on 5 years and it is looking a bit rusty.

When I turned the box on a couple of weeks back it said a software upgrade ahd taken place. Ever since then the lip sync on HD channels has been even worse than it was previously and playback seems to cut out for a second or so quite reguarly. Quality technology!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here