Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone concerned we might end up in a relegation battle?

Are YOU concerned we might end up fighting relegation?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 85 51.5%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What an over-reaction.

If we had not dropped four points in the last minute in two recent games we'd be just off the play-off places.

Get a grip all of you.

50 % are worried. Is it a case of getting a grip or is it a case of too much blind faith from the 50% who aren't concerned?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A goal in the 2nd minute of injury time when we're three down? Oh yes, they should be going mental! Of course. SAKE.

Nope not mental but were you there or listening to the commentary? Alright it was only on the radio but even Norman Gall was shocked that the players just ignored Murray.. not even a pat on the back.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
50 % are worried. Is it a case of getting a grip or is it a case of too much blind faith from the 50% who aren't concerned?
I know what you're saying, although I think the ones who ARE worried about relegation are over-reacting a bit to be honest. However I also think the people who AREN'T worried have perhaps a little too much blind faith. It could go either way which is why I'm keeping my powder dry for the moment.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm concerned - I'd rather we were in the play off places and that we didn't concede goals at the end of each half and that we had Forster fit and that we weren't relying on loan players and that we weren't going to be at Withdean for another x years but....I do not think we'll be in a relegation battle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
we finished 7th last season.

In fairness we don't actually know yet if we'll match or better that. It just doesn't appear, at the moment, that we are heading in that direction. I totally accept that we might but don't get the feeling that we will.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we had not dropped four points in the last minute in two recent games we'd be just off the play-off places.
But... we did?

By all accounts Leeds were all over us, and Cheltenham certainly deserved at least their point. The problem is apart from Manchester City, Crewe, and brief spells in a couple of other games, we are play absolute shit, we've won three times all season, not for nearly two months in the league. Haven't won at home at all. Lost to 9 men of an average side.

What are the signs of a relegation season if not poor performances and inability to win? :shrug: I'm not saying we will get relegated... or even be in a relegation battle, but it is hardly a preposterous question based on what we've seen so far.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, we did. But I was trying to say that but for a couple of incidents we'd be right up there.

We were 17th in Jan last season and still got close - this team have the potential to click. Get Fozzie and Hawkins fit (or ideally play Virgo at CB with Elphick) and McLeod and we'll be doing fine.
I agree. But it is worth pointing out the Wilkins got us from 17th to 7th with injuries and at the same time he had to replace key players (Savage, O'c, Hammond) and thus rebuild the team 'on the fly'.

That is putting a positive spin on his achievments last season, but in the same vein the (slighly mischievious) question is: so will Adams prove to be as good a manager as Wilkins? We shall see.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes, we did. But I was trying to say that but for a couple of incidents we'd be right up there.

We were 17th in Jan last season and still got close - this team have the potential to click. Get Fozzie and Hawkins fit (or ideally play Virgo at CB with Elphick) and McLeod and we'll be doing fine.
We were 17th in January - off our worst run of the season, having lost half the team (and also with games in hand). Hopefully this is our worst run of the season now. But there is not a great deal of evidence to suggest it is. Late goals have cost us recently but we've also profited from them at times - if you want to take things out of the equation you can do it both ways. I actually think the late goals "trend" is slightly deceptive - since Northampton could have scored much much sooner, having been the better side comfortably. We got two goals against the run of play (one of which was also in stoppage time). Cheltenham too could have scored too, and deserved it. It's not as though we've been wronged or robbed by these late goals, they've been fair reflections of the games. It's just that they've come late.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Perhaps you are saying that we don't concede late goals per se, but that the relentless pressure we have been under is bound to tell in the end - and this is often near the end. That's a worrying way to view recent results.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Another ridiculously pointless thread. No I am not concerned in OCTOBER that we will end up in a relgation battle, I don't know what's going to happen next week, let alone next year!

Yes we may be 17th, but we are only 7 points off the play-offs (not that I'm even bothered myself) it only takes a couple of wins in this league to put you in and around the play-offs.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
all though it has been poor so far, and may remain poor, I dont think there will ever be a danger of us going down. Yes we may end the season feeling disappointed, but going down NO CHANCE

As for Sully Couldnt Shoot/Norman Gall about Murray. That is rubbish. Murray was so lazy and accidentally beat the offisde trap he was the only Brighton player in the Leeds half.

He scored a 93rd minute consolation goal, so why should the players run 50 yards to celebrate with him. Even Murray himself said the goal dosent matter!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Perhaps you are saying that we don't concede late goals per se, but that the relentless pressure we have been under is bound to tell in the end - and this is often near the end. That's a worrying way to view recent results.
Well that could be it, or it could be lack of concentration, discipline, or just coincidence appearing to be a pattern, but my point really is that they weren't undeserved goals and if we had got better results in these games we'd have been lucky and papering over some poor performances.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
all though it has been poor so far, and may remain poor, I dont think there will ever be a danger of us going down. Yes we may end the season feeling disappointed, but going down NO CHANCE

As for Sully Couldnt Shoot/Norman Gall about Murray. That is rubbish. Murray was so lazy and accidentally beat the offisde trap he was the only Brighton player in the Leeds half.

He scored a 93rd minute consolation goal, so why should the players run 50 yards to celebrate with him. Even Murray himself said the goal dosent matter!

Thats a bit sharp from you mate..... just responding to what Norman Gall said. I did say I wasn't there so can't see where the other players were can I? Gally was shocked by it so I assumed they were just ignoring him. Might you not have made the same asssumption if you were 3500 miles away listening on a computer (bad fan that I am)?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Bas Savage scored a last minute goal for Tranmere when they were 3-0 down on Saturday. No one celebrated with him, guess the Tranmere players dont like him.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thats a bit sharp from you mate..... just responding to what Norman Gall said. I did say I wasn't there so can't see where the other players were can I? Gally was shocked by it so I assumed they were just ignoring him. Might you not have made the same asssumption if you were 3500 miles away listening on a computer (bad fan that I am)?

Apologies, just wound me up, and I over reacted a bit, reading back. I dont understand why Gall was shocked then. Just seeing what I saw, and I wouldnt get concerned about the team not liking Murray. They all celebrated with him for his last 6 goals

I have never listened to a Brighton game on the radio, so I couldnt make the assumption.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Apologies, just wound me up, and I over reacted a bit, reading back. I dont understand why Gall was shocked then. Just seeing what I saw, and I wouldnt get concerned about the team not liking Murray. They all celebrated with him for his last 6 goals

I have never listened to a Brighton game on the radio, so I couldnt make the assumption.

That's more like you :) Cheers for the apos.... as I said now it seems Gally was making a fuss over nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here