Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone coming to see World Cup Ref Howard Webb at Sussex CCC?

Seagull111

Nov 7, 2011
Is anyone coming to see World Cup Ref Howard Webb at Sussex County Cricket Club on Thursday Evening November 17th? It’s only £45 for a 3 course Dinner with Howard Webb speaking afterwards!

Visit the Sussex Cricket website for more details, or call 01273 827102

:cheers:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Will he regale us with anecdotes about him and his big mate Sir Alex?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
£45 to listen to that man talk drivel? No thanks

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
He was shit when we had him last season against Stoke and he didn't seem to like it when the chant went round of " World cup ref, you're having a laugh". Will pass.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Would you normally pay for your advertising Tom or, perhaps, politely ask a site where you wanted to be cheeky and advertise for free?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
My 15 year old son is a level 8 ref and Howard Webb is guest speaker at a SCFA ref's meeting on the
16th November. He's really looking forward to it. They had Mark Halsey last year and my boy found him to be very inspirational. Don't think I'd shell out £45 mind.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would pay £45 if it was Trelford Mills speaking.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
My 15 year old son is a level 8 ref and Howard Webb is guest speaker at a SCFA ref's meeting on the
16th November. He's really looking forward to it. They had Mark Halsey last year and my boy found him to be very inspirational. Don't think I'd shell out £45 mind.

He would be a bit more inspirational to listen to for all he has been through but what would Howard Webb have to say that would be anything close to as interesting to what Mark Halsey would have to say.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would you normally pay for your advertising Tom or, perhaps, politely ask a site where you wanted to be cheeky and advertise for free?

The words 'Howard Webb' surely cannot be considered advertising or marketing. You may as well say "come to Sussex CC for dinner and beer where we have some unprotected weapons grade uranium for you to be exposed to. £45 including wine."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only referee I'd have paid very good money to hear speak would have been legendary 6 foot 4 Scottish refereeing COLOSSUS of the 50s/60s/70s Tiny Wharton. Sadly he died in 2005.

wharton.jpg

:bowdown:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
He would be a bit more inspirational to listen to for all he has been through but what would Howard Webb have to say that would be anything close to as interesting to what Mark Halsey would have to say.

I guess it's because he's reffed the biggest game it's possible to referee in and, ultimately, is at a level that all budding refs aspire to reach.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
What about the comedy linesmen outside the Amex yesterday? I'd prefer to see them than Howard Bleeding Webb (to give him his full name)

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Is anyone coming to see World Cup Ref Howard Webb at Sussex County Cricket Club on Thursday Evening November 17th? It’s only £45 for a 3 course Dinner with Howard Webb speaking afterwards!

Visit the Sussex Cricket website for more details, or call 01273 827102

:cheers:

NO ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not a chance. He is a bloody good ref though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here