Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is any body else worried about the chances we create??

Bertiehuburn

Nov 19, 2010
yeh i do agree that clean sheets are important and with gus philosophy that as long as we have the ball the other team cant score!! but many games this season we have no created no chances and then a mistake has normally cost us!! hopefully we can bring someone in that can stay fit and bring some stability to the midifeld!! after a while even tho the position we are in is very good conidering the lack of chances we are creating may be the dissapointing factor of this season!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It is pretty pathetic, its also very dull to watch. When you only make one or heaven forbid three chances a game, you are not going to win many matches. And if the keeper is throwing them in at the other end, you stand little or no chance of getting even a draw. If you dont create chances you dont score goals, simples!!!...Gus is still riding the crest of a wave atm and I think the goals and chances will come. But people want to see goals and excitement, its what keeps the drifting fans coming back...If Poyet keeps serving up boring football with no chances, then it wont be long before people vote with their feet and that has all sorts of implications.

Spot on. I want some exciting football which includes:
1. Goals, and
2. Shots on target

Moan, moan, moan!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Spot on. I want some exciting football which includes:
1. Goals, and
2. Shots on target

Moan, moan, moan!!

a goal at either end of the field & spazmodic weak shots on target clearly not enough-next you'll be demanding pretty flags in each corner of the field no doubt :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There were balls into the box yesterday especially from LuaLua but CMS had a stinker. His first touch was terrible. I find it strange that the keeper makes one mistake and everyone wants rid but CMS has a poor game but nobody has a go at him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not worried, this was patently obvious right from the start of the season, but no-one cared as we were winning.

This is all about creating a team that can do well at this level, so like any good manager would do, Gus is building from the back. Stop conceding goals, and when that is working, start being more aggressive up front. Its exactly what he did when he started, as you'll remember we didn't score many goals in his first 10 games or thereabouts, or seem to play that well, but we gradually stopped shipping goals and turned into a very good side that won the division at a canter the next season.
Yep. I'd be worried maybe if we were on 22 points, rather than 32. It's not been the best to watch for the last two months really but we're still finding our way in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here