Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is 28 too late to start a degree?

Uni at 28?

• Good idea, always good to better yourself.

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Bad idea, get out there and work you slack jawed yokel.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Who cares, think of the young snatch.

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I keep thinking about going to Uni to study Stage Management, although it's a difficult industry to get into, and the hours are shit, and money isn't great! However, it is something I thoroughly enjoy.

DO IT!!

Picture%2013.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah go for it.

My aim when I retire is to go back to uni, so will I be too old at 65?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Oooh, what an exciting new development. If you think it's financially beneficial in the long run, then do it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wozza said:
Yeah, go for it Les!

Think I might have found the pefect place for you...

grimsby.jpg

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: Quite funny for you Wozza.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Wozza said:
Nah, no major BINfest contributions from me today - working from home, so I can find better uses of spare time. ;)

Which will also involve pulling up a chair and rubbing your hands.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Les Biehn said:
I've pretty much decided to go back to uni and will be 28 if I do. Is this a bad idea?

That's exactly the age I was when I went to do my degree.

Had a blindin' time, got a degree, found a decent job, and even managed to meet the girl I married in the student bar.

So as you can probably guess, I'd say...... go do it
:clap: :clap:

Re: Re: Is 28 too late to start a degree?

TonyW said:

and even managed to meet the girl I married in the student bar.

You married a girl in the student bar? You old romantic you.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Re: Re: Is 28 too late to start a degree?

TonyW said:
and even managed to meet the girl I married in the student bar.

now that was a co-incidence .................

It must be a tricky decision to give up earning for training and a debt .................... but you are not be the first. My nephew has done something similar - and he is happy he made the right move.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I would do it, if the career opportunities that are available after the degree are better than what is available right now id go for it. however, i cannot believe you are 28 !! I always imagined you to be my age which is 20. You let the kids of this group drag your name down Les !!!!:jester:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
John Dorian said:
I would do it, if the career opportunities that are available after the degree are better than what is available right now id go for it. however, i cannot believe you are 28 !! I always imagined you to be my age which is 20. You let the kids of this group drag your name down Les !!!!:jester:
Nipple is 30/31, with alwasy shocks me!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Woodchip said:
Nipple is 30/31, with alwasy shocks me!!!

I may act childish on here but believe me, I am all man!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's often the case that when parts of the unplanned enthusiasm for riddling and stirring oneself in the question marked intent of daily student life have left, that university would be a much finer experience. Less of an i dunno, and more of eyeing a curriculum and getting excited by certain days without the influence of speed, 99p Fosters festivals and visiting European athletes with unwanted facial hair and side-partings governing their every bristle.

In much different deadened fields, i am to choose a brief course soon and learn to write a bit again. The thought terrifies me as it's a possible humiliating display of my lack of talent, and how it never lived. But, still much better to do than continue in this wet life of nothings and messageboard rage.

Go for it Les.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here