Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is 28 too late to start a degree?

Uni at 28?

• Good idea, always good to better yourself.

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Bad idea, get out there and work you slack jawed yokel.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Who cares, think of the young snatch.

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've pretty much decided to go back to uni and will be 28 if I do. Is this a bad idea?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
No. It's never a bad idea to educate and better yourself.

What would you study?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not at all, Les.

I remember reading about a mechanic who was fed up with his job and decided to do Medicine. He was 25 at the time and was fully qualified before he was 32.

I have considered doing another degree as well, but would probably opt for the OU (Although it seems expensive).

Live the dream, Leslie. Live the dream.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I couldnt ever see myself doing it, wana have a decent job by that time and never wana be thinking about going back to education but your field seems really hard to get decent work in mate so go for it :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gonna do Film and Media production. I have a film theory degree but the only way I will get the technical knowledge I need is by stuying it and haven't got the time at work.

Will also afford me the chance to do more work placements in the industry and access to equipment to make my own films.

Cheers everyone, I reckon I'm defo gonna do it now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Do it, would be hard not having money but will be worth it in the long run

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rookie said:
Do it, would be hard not having money but will be worth it in the long run

I paid off a lot of my debts this year so am in a decent position to do it.

Also I seemed to have more money when I was a Uni then when I work.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Never too late Les - go for it.

I've just done an MA (15 years after leaving university) and now, aged 40, I'm going to try and do a PhD. (as well as a full-time job).

It's all a bit exhausting at times but I love it and I wish I'd done it years ago.

So get stuck in - and good luck.

Les Biehn said:
Gonna do Film and Media production. I have a film theory degree but the only way I will get the technical knowledge I need is by stuying it and haven't got the time at work.

Will also afford me the chance to do more work placements in the industry and access to equipment to make my own films.

Cheers everyone, I reckon I'm defo gonna do it now.

Do it Les. Lifes to short to not do the things you want to do.
Mrs Wildy Ears did a similar degree in her late 20's. She's just come back from Korea where two of her films were shown in an international festival, next month she's off to Bordeaux to do the same and in a few monthe she's off to Japan.

So if nothing else think of the international snatch possibilities.:jester:

I remember when there were departments at Sussex University who recruited more than half of their undergraduate students from the over-25 age group.

That was back in the seventies, of course, when higher education was free at the point of sale.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
CHRIST no, it's not to late. For starters, now you're that bit older you'll do a shite sight better than at 18. You'll see the difference between yourself and the kids you'll do the course with.

Age can only work to your advantage when it comes to education.

Unless you're 80 or something, then it's pretty much pointless.

Barrel of Fun said:

I have considered doing another degree as well, but would probably opt for the OU (Although it seems expensive).

Live the dream, Leslie. Live the dream.

THe OU is f***ing hard work BoF. I've known quite a few people start and drop out through pressure of trying to keep a job, house and the like all oging at the same time as studying in the evening and weekends.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is too late Les and you should resign yourself to the fact that you will eke out the rest of your years in a minimum wage job that does not inspire you creatively whatsoever amassing debts that you couldn't possibly hope to pay off before your lonely carcass is found slumped in front of the two bar electric fire with the Christmas decorations still up. Your only legacy a mountain of unpaid council tax bills.

You are a talentless individual and life will treat you accordingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here