Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Irvine gone

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could this be the reason Neville has suddenly retired as he is going to venture into management like we did with Mullery.

interesting call and not entirely out of the question I would think

they are already singing in the streets over Irvine's dismissal - if Neville was appointed they'd be dancing around with their todgers in their hands :)

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
From football365.com:

"We haven't won a league game since I arrived at the club," said Milan Mandaric, explaining the dismissal of Alan Irvine as Sheffield Wednesday this morning.

Wednesday have played six times since Mandaric's purchase was finalised, and while it's true that the Owls haven't won any of those games, what is also true is that they won four of the previous six and were second in League One when he arrived.

Some might suggest it isn't Irvine who's the problem here

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can't see Keegan cutting it in League 1 tbh
Done lower leagues before with Fulham.
Give him money to spend and he'll be good.
They'd have to be phenomenal to get up with us though, unless we fall out of the automatic promotion race.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Poor timing. I'd rather they'd left this until the week before 22nd February when they play Bournemouth. :down:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Seriously funny looking on the Owlstalk website - so much bollocks about people not being good enough for a club with aspirations to be in the premier league in a few years. It quite reminds me of, well....................................................looking on here

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seriously funny looking on the Owlstalk website - so much bollocks about people not being good enough for a club with aspirations to be in the premier league in a few years. It quite reminds me of, well....................................................looking on here
This place is NOTHING LIKE as bad as OwlsTalk for utterly delusional bollocks.

That website is probably the shittest delusional forum I've EVER seen. It is absolute f***ing JOKES.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bless, there's even a thread entitled "Poyet or O'Driscoll".

As if Gus is going to end up at their shambles of a club, with its shit overpaid squad and ground that is too big for the club and in need of a lick of paint. :lolol:

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
This place is NOTHING LIKE as bad as OwlsTalk for utterly delusional bollocks.

That website is probably the shittest delusional forum I've EVER seen. It is absolute f***ing JOKES.

My previously mentioned minion agrees with that opinion of owlstalk.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting that Mandaric sacked Irvine just AFTER the transfer window closed.

Whoever comes in will have to wait until the summer to bring players in (assuming he's given any funds, Mandaric might have taken over another club by then!)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't believe the amount of posts suggesting Poyet.

"If you don't ask, you don't get" - why aim so low then, perhaps you could see if Mourinho or Wenger fancies life oop north

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Interesting that although Megson is the favourite there is a strong rumour at wednesday and notts county that mandaric is using him as a screen to make an approach for Paul Ince and a back-up if he gets no joy there

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Sky now reporting that Megson about to be appointed. Got to be excellent from their viewpoint. Doesn't play the prettiest of football but he has a track record of success which is what they need. Is it already too late for this season though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here