Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Irish pisstake

MYOB said:
I think you'll find its 7 Eurovisions, 4 F1 races with an Irish team, a number of Five Nations and Triple Crowns, the Under-18's World Cup, and a fair few matches against England, most memorably that one the England fans started rioting at in '95 or so

Wow 7 Eurovisions, I do apologise and stand corrected

:rolleyes:

munster monch said:
'Nice to see blantant Anti-Irish sentiment is still alive and well....' - And I suppose the anti-english sentiment is a thing of the past now?.

I think that a lot of the anti irish and scottish sentiments which some english show now has been born from the almost fanatical hate towards the english despite the fact that most english would actually support both of these nations if they were the only ones left from the home countries.

I was actually quite pleased though with the pretty fair coverage we got in the tournament on RTE by the likes of Johnny Giles, Eamon Dunphy and especially Bill Herlihy who seemed particulary sympathetic. Unlike the bitter and twisted George Hook and co in the rugby world cup who were desperate for England to lose every game. They must be beside themselves at the moment but they can't take away the fact that we are world champions and that will hurt them for another three years.
Liam Brady and Ray Houghton weren't so impressive though and seemed to knock England at every opportunity.

Incidentally is Ray Houghton Scottish or is he another plastic paddy who tries to sound Irish but badly?.

I was also heartened by Today FM's phone in poll where I was surprised by the result that 43% of voters wanted England to win.

I think the country may be brushing the chip on their shoulder off a bit and moving on regarding the british at last.

Bloody economic migrants coming over and taking Irish people's jobs.

SEND 'EM BACK HOME FROM WHERE THEY CAME FROM

rool

Jul 10, 2003
:lolol: You can't accuse me of being a blow-in or for taking Irish people's jobs. I could be considerably more Irish than yow.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
edited because I am considerably more stupid than yow

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here