Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran - Soon to be a war zone???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bugger, can someone change the typo in the thread title? (must proof read)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What, so away games are in Iran ?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Of course there will be a war there soon. It is only a matter of time really. Obama has to win an election!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, there is no political appetite for a war in Iran. It would be catastrophic.

Dear Useful Idiot,

When Ahmadinajad begins ALL of his speeches with the phrase about the coming holy messenger, he is interweaving messianic religous prophecy into all his politics, the "catastrophic" is what these types call the apocolypse or in the Koran tribulations. Sunnis dont buy into it neither do moderate shia, but these people are real f***ing loonys, nothing like the one that is trying to educate your ignorant self at the moment with this post.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Dear Useful Idiot,

When Ahmadinajad begins ALL of his speeches with the phrase about the coming holy messenger, he is interweaving messianic religous prophecy into all his politics, the "catastrophic" is what these types call the apocolypse or in the Koran tribulations. Sunnis dont buy into it neither do moderate shia, but these people are real f***ing loonys, nothing like the one that is trying to educate your ignorant self at the moment with this post.

This war like the others will have little to do with religion.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This war like the others will have little to do with religion.

Oh really?

I find it amusing that when Bush went to war there was many to say it was part of some christi findi dogma even though Bush denied it was religously motivated. Wereas those flying planes into buildings, ahmidinajad, the guardian council etc all claim its holy war in the name of islam the same f***ing people who claim bush/USA are on a crusade are also the ones parroting that the Eastern motives are not at all religous.

How the f*** does that work?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh really?

I find it amusing that when Bush went to war there was many to say it was part of some christi findi dogma even though Bush denied it was religously motivated. Wereas those flying planes into buildings, ahmidinajad, the guardian council etc all claim its holy war in the name of islam the same f***ing people who claim bush/USA are on a crusade are also the ones parroting that the Eastern motives are not at all religous.

How the f*** does that work?

As i have said neither I can't really answer that. What i believe though is that the wars/conflicts in the middle east are to do with Oil, Money and Power. Religion is used within the war but is not the reason for it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
As i have said neither I can't really answer that. What i believe though is that the wars/conflicts in the middle east are to do with Oil, Money and Power. Religion is used within the war but is not the reason for it.

So why is Iran warmongering? It has oil, it has relative wealth and yes that means it has money to. As your propoganda Utube pointed out there is a sizable middle class in Persia, you are now arguing the opposite of your original post.

Falmer is that you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So why is Iran warmongering? It has oil, it has relative wealth and yes that means it has money to. As your propoganda Utube pointed out there is a sizable middle class in Persia, you are now arguing the opposite of your original post.

Falmer is that you?

No need for that!

Sorry Looney but you will have to educate me again here.

I haven't really seen any evidence of Iran Warmongering. I have seen them comment on the fact that war is about to be waged on them. Maybe you provide me with something?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No need for that!

Sorry Looney but you will have to educate me again here.

I haven't really seen any evidence of Iran Warmongering. I have seen them comment on the fact that war is about to be waged on them. Maybe you provide me with something?

So you haven't heard of..

ahmidinajackets threat to wipe Israe; of the face of the earth
Building Nuclear Wepeons.
Seizing Royal navy boat and crew
Threatning to block the straights on hormuz
Funding and arming Hamas and Hizbollah
Iranian Ordinance found being used by the Taliban.

All this passed you by Brunswick?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So you haven't heard of..

ahmidinajackets threat to wipe Israe; of the face of the earth
Building Nuclear Wepeons.
Seizing Royal navy boat and crew
Threatning to block the straights on hormuz
Funding and arming Hamas and Hizbollah
Iranian Ordinance found being used by the Taliban.

All this passed you by Brunswick?

Without any links or references i can't really comment on those headlines. But I am sure they are more complex than you have summed up in each few words.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Correct. The rise of Al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia was down to the US government's support for a corrupt Saudi government, which is/was responsible for a massive gap in the distribution of wealth in that country. This led to many young, impressionable and often poorly educated young people becoming disenfranchised. Bin Laden's message to these people was that the US's actions were an attack on Islam and an effort to suppress it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here