Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iran,a nuclear strike?

looney said:
Since when has israel been the aggressor? Its always acted in defence or pre-emptivley on accurate intelligence.

If Israel attacks another country when it hasn't been hit first, that is an aggresive move isn't it?

If I hit someone in town on a Saturday night, just cos I think they are going to hit me, I would have 'started it' wouldn't I?
If everyone in town on a Saturday night hit someone before they got hit, it would be chaos and anarchy.

That's an analogy, see?
Town on Saturday night = the world today.... I thought I might need to spell it out for you.

Bottom line people.

Iran doesn't have the bomb yet.
It has made statements about the legitimacy of some of it's neighbours.
JAW JAW IS NOT WAR WAR.

As for sponsoring terrorism - the West's record on that count is shameful, we can't preach from the moral high ground here.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
captainmorganrum said:
If Israel attacks another country when it hasn't been hit first, that is an aggresive move isn't it?

If I hit someone in town on a Saturday night, just cos I think they are going to hit me, I would have 'started it' wouldn't I?
If everyone in town on a Saturday night hit someone before they got hit, it would be chaos and anarchy.

That's an analogy, see?
Town on Saturday night = the world today.... I thought I might need to spell it out for you.

The arab nations were preparing to attack Israel, Israel didn't just think it knew.

The analogy should be if someone walks towards you on a saturday night while pulling a cudgle out of their pocket while making menacing comments about you.

There, Just thought i'd spell it out for you rationally.

looney said:
The analogy should be if someone walks towards you on a saturday night while pulling a cudgle out of their pocket while making menacing comments about you.

If I'm feeling so insecure might I not choose to carry a cudgle (sic) as well, just to protect myself?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
captainmorganrum said:
Bottom line people.

Iran doesn't have the bomb yet.
It has made statements about the legitimacy of some of it's neighbours.
JAW JAW IS NOT WAR WAR.

As for sponsoring terrorism - the West's record on that count is shameful, we can't preach from the moral high ground here.

Thats not the bottom line. The bottomline is should we wait till Iran developes it and see if they can whipe a few million of us out?

Where has the West sponsored terrorism?

And why does "Preach from the moral high ground" have any relavance.

Its not moralising not wanting to get nuked its about self preservation.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
captainmorganrum said:
If I'm feeling so insecure might I not choose to carry a cudgle (sic) as well, just to protect myself?

This doesn't make any sense.

looney said:
Its not moralising not wanting to get nuked its about self preservation.

So why is America going to 'precision bomb' the Iranian nuclear sites?

America WON'T get hit by any of the weapons which Iran might develop in three-five years time.

Let's not kid ourselves that the Western allies have never 'helped' regime change if they didn't like the leader.
We sell arms to groups who we believe follow our ideals - just like them pesky Muslims.

We are ALL as bad as each other.

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
Where has the West sponsored terrorism?

Contras, Renamo, FNLA, Khmer Rouge (after the Vietnamese kicked them out), "Operation Condor" in South America in 1970's plus the use of State terror in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, South Vietnam over the last 45 years or so, just off the top of my head.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Dandyman said:
Contras, Renamo, FNLA, Khmer Rouge (after the Vietnamese kicked them out), "Operation Condor" in South America in 1970's plus the use of State terror in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, South Vietnam over the last 45 years or so, just off the top of my head.

Oh my you do have a list of gripes dont you? Contras were attacking the sandanista government not civilians, not terrorists.

FNLA?
Khmere Roughe?

State terror in chile? Wtf? Pinochet was a scumbag but so was allende, The General iced a lot of foriegn terrorists.

Argentina? didn't we help topple Galtieri? with the help of US intelligence?

sorry but what I know of that list it couldn't be called sponsoring terorism, looks like a load of leftist political gripes.

So you want the USA destroyed and us wih it?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That appears to be what you are implying.

We are no better than them, we abused them, therefor we deserve anything they throw at us.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
I have been here before.

Lets invade, bomb Iran. WMD. Doesnt this all sound familiar?

This is the legacy of the complete f*** up we have made of the Middle East. Who do we now believe? You can cry wolf too often.

For what its worth I reckon it might even SOLVE the whole mess in the mid east Iran having them. Perhaps Israel would have to start negotiating properly. Perhaps the mid east would feel better knowing one of their brothers was now a bit harder than they used to be and America couldnt push them around so easily.

I dont know, I realy dont. Its a whole f***ing mess.

LETS JUST BOMB MECCA AND HAVE A PROPER f***ing WAR!

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
Oh my you do have a list of gripes dont you? Contras were attacking the sandanista government not civilians, not terrorists.

FNLA?
Khmere Roughe?

State terror in chile? Wtf? Pinochet was a scumbag but so was allende, The General iced a lot of foriegn terrorists.

Argentina? didn't we help topple Galtieri? with the help of US intelligence?

sorry but what I know of that list it couldn't be called sponsoring terorism, looks like a load of leftist political gripes.

So you want the USA destroyed and us wih it?

The contras were a gang of fascist rapists and murderers:

http://www.doublestandards.org/wakeup1.html

Allende was a democratically elected President overthrown in a CIA sponsored military coup.

Western links to the Khmer Rouge were exposed in the press and parliament:

http://www.cambridgeclarion.org/press_cuttings/sas.khmer.rouge_indep_14nov1989.html

Renamo were CIA backed terrorists in Africa, who were eventually denounced as barbarians by the US administration:

http://www.healthwrights.org/articles/empowandhealth-88.htm

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some ignorant stuff on this thread.

If you look into the Iranian political situation you will see a country that is young (the average age is well below that of the UK), surprisingly well-educated and fairly liberal.

The people do not want war and they do not back their leader re his "headline-grabbing" threats to their neighbours. He is simply posturing to appease the hawks who think they should take advantage of a weakened Iraq.

I cannot see anything coming of this situation, and anyone who thinks bombing Iran is a good idea needs to read up on the subject a bit more.

We need to keep Iran onside, not least because of their oil. Unfortunately, Bush is an idiot and won't see it like that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The iranians aren't stupid. Even if they have the bomb are they really going ot use it? Think about it? It'd mean the end of Iran because we'd send 30 nuclear misiles the moment they launched an attack.The difficulty as I see it is if the Iranians do get the bomb then they might, just might, give it to people who want to martyr themselves. This is the start of the new cold war... in the middle east.

1066gull

We have the right to keep a close eye on Iran, after all they said they wanted Israel wiped off the map.

You never ever say those things in political terms. The Middle East is the most dangerous place on the world today, it is the place that bred the 9/11 and 7/7 bombers.

How can this region be trusted?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
BarrelofFun said:

How do Iran feel, being told by the US and others to cease prduction when America relies heavily on nuclear production.
That is the point I've never heard an answer on from the Yanks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This looks like a job for Jack Bauer. Get his daughter involved, he goes off like a mentalist then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here