Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipwich Star report on the banner

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brighton were forced to move out of and sell their former Goldstone Ground home in 1997 to clear mounting debts. Their supporters then had to endure 14 years of ‘temporary’ measures, ground ground-sharing with Gillingham for two seasons – the Kent side situated more than 70 miles away – then moving into football unfriendly athletics stadium The Withdean, where fans were seated miles from the action.

Indeed, no-one could deny that the south coast club’s long-suffering fans deserved their new purpose-built 22,374 stadium at Falmer after facing a decade of red-tape frustration.

Maybe the kids who did it should take that in...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
good stuff - the "very few" who thought up this jolly little jape appear to be keeping an amazingly low profile while the vast majority of Ipswich fans are reacting exactly as you would expect them too - they are as dumbfounded as we are!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the majority of decent Ipswich fans... it is clear they are as embarrassed as we are bemused by this pointless effort.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I hope they appreciate tall the irony in what they did, hatred to Modern football and wants real fans,Albion couldnt be a better example of real fans, their dislike for Money men yet they have a sugar Daddy bank rolling them

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What a good and clear article. Judging by the widespread criticism from Ipswich fans in general I feel less aggrieved by this banner incident than before.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I wonder if we will ever hear from those responsible for the banner or have they gone in hiding.
like it been said before both set of fans said it was a embarrassment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to the journo for running with what was never going to be a popular piece but, nevertheless, needed saying.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I was bemused rather than outraged by the banner, which has probably been discussed in more detail than it deserves.

That report sums everything up beautifully. I think it's very clear that most Ipswich fans want to distance themselves from the actions of a handful of people who don't know their history, or grammar, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
How utterly mortifying for those responsible. I almost feel embarrassed for them. Utterly cringeworthy.

On this basis, I hope none of our fans attempt a banner in retaliation to Ipswich when we next play them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here