[Technology] IPTV

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There were / are a few on here that were (are still?) with team Gwi.

I was for a couple of years and every game I experienced severe buffering - made watching the game so frustrating
Drove me mad, always made out it was my end, need to clear the cache / restart your fire stick / etc.
After 2 years I switched to another supplier, still IPTV Smarters app, just a different URL - £20 p/a cheaper and NO BUFFERING anymore (no change to ISP or broadband speed my end).

Since learned that most buffering on these services is caused by IPTV providers who have too many customers for their servers to be able to cope with the demand.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

I was for a couple of years and every game I experienced severe buffering - made watching the game so frustrating
Drove me mad, always made out it was my end, need to clear the cache / restart your fire stick / etc.
After 2 years I switched to another supplier, still IPTV Smarters app, just a different URL - £20 p/a cheaper and NO BUFFERING anymore (no change to ISP or broadband speed my end).

Since learned that most buffering on these services is caused by IPTV providers who have too many customers for their servers to be able to cope with the demand.

I was with him to begin with for about 6 months, I found the same issue, also his service went down for 2 full weeks, so went elsewhere. I pay £65 per years, and I know they are many cheaper options but I've been with this supplier about 4 years no with very few issues

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Gwi has new servers now

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Gwi has new servers now
Sports Donkey had the same problem with the Buffering but now they are UniversalsportsTv very good i'm told by a bloke in the pub.
As a side note the man told Sky that their app is useless constantly buffering via Virgin tv . He also told them he is watching a stream that he doesn't consider illegal as they are not providing the service he is paying for.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Gwi has new servers now
Reactive, after losing lots of customers?

Too late for me. Very happy with my new provider and cheaper too.

I got the impression Gwi was a one man band and was too busy with work and family to react to messages about service issues. He even said once that if I wanted that level of customer service perhaps I should switch to Sky. But I only use IPTV to watch the Albion and since they are not on Sky for every game, was a silly idea. I found him offish when asking for help.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Reactive, after losing lots of customers?

Too late for me. Very happy with my new provider and cheaper too.

I got the impression Gwi was a one man band and was too busy with work and family to react to messages about service issues. He even said once that if I wanted that level of customer service perhaps I should switch to Sky. But I only use IPTV to watch the Albion and since they are not on Sky for every game, was a silly idea. I found him offish when asking for help.
He’s only telling the truth when he told you to switch to sky he is a one man band as you call it, but I personally have never had problems with him responding , I know he’s my mate and he has told me some people complain every day and expect answers and solutions immediately.
Just saying.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He’s only telling the truth when he told you to switch to sky he is a one man band as you call it, but I personally have never had problems with him responding , I know he’s my mate and he has told me some people complain every day and expect answers and solutions immediately.
Just saying.
Well, I only ever used Gwi's IPTV to watch Albion games, usually once a week, occasionally twice, occasionally (international break) not for a fortnight, so not me complaining every day. All I wanted was to watch the game without buffering and Gwi was unable to provide this. I'd tune in 10 mins before kick-off and when buffering was bad (often) - every 60 seconds, 5 second freeze - I'd message Gwi and maybe get a response 2 days later by which time the game was long since over.

When he put his price up another tenner for year 2, I paid it but still no improvement to the buffering issue. When it stopped working completely 2 months before renewal and I'd heard Gwi was experiencing "busted" issues - I decided enough was enough and took my business elsewhere.

He's your mate, I get that, but paying for something that is unwatchable was too frustrating for me. I've had some NSC PMs expressing similar issues to mine so slightly reassured that it wasn't just me (as I had been told) that was experiencing these buffering issues.

I'm sure Gwi is a nice bloke with good intentions but it didn't work out for me ....

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Well, I only ever used Gwi's IPTV to watch Albion games, usually once a week, occasionally twice, occasionally (international break) not for a fortnight, so not me complaining every day. All I wanted was to watch the game without buffering and Gwi was unable to provide this. I'd tune in 10 mins before kick-off and when buffering was bad (often) - every 60 seconds, 5 second freeze - I'd message Gwi and maybe get a response 2 days later by which time the game was long since over.

When he put his price up another tenner for year 2, I paid it but still no improvement to the buffering issue. When it stopped working completely 2 months before renewal and I'd heard Gwi was experiencing "busted" issues - I decided enough was enough and took my business elsewhere.

He's your mate, I get that, but paying for something that is unwatchable was too frustrating for me. I've had some NSC PMs expressing similar issues to mine so slightly reassured that it wasn't just me (as I had been told) that was experiencing these buffering issues.

I'm sure Gwi is a nice bloke with good intentions but it didn't work out for me ....
over 30 members of NSC are currently with GWi if anyone is having problems all they have to do is send a DM as you did in Feb 2024 ans as far as I know you were sorted,as you never messaged again, of course you are free to have a moan, and I hope your new supplier is OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here