Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's only our 5th season,so would have thought so:)

We also had 13 points out of 15 in our first season beating Doncaster, Cardiff (A) , Portsmouth (A), and Posh. Drew with Blackpool.
We won our next game. And then the wheels came off. 9 games without a win...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We also had 13 points out of 15 in our first season beating Doncaster, Cardiff (A) , Portsmouth (A), and Posh. Drew with Blackpool.
Shhhhh

carteater

But then we won 3 out of 4 and went back into the top 6, then the wheels fell off again...

...then we went unbeaten in the league in 2012 until April, bringing us from lower mid table to the playoffs...

...then the wheels came off one last time as we finished a respectable 10th...

A season like that compared to last season wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but I think 1 more signing (Calleri or Vydra) will make this squad at least on par with the great squad of 2012-13.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
But then we won 3 out of 4 and went back into the top 6, then the wheels fell off again...

...then we went unbeaten in the league in 2012 until April, bringing us from lower mid table to the playoffs...

...then the wheels came off one last time as we finished a respectable 10th...

A season like that compared to last season wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but I think 1 more signing (Calleri or Vydra) will make this squad at least on par with the great squad of 2012-13.
If last Christmas you were told we were going to escape relegation and 'finnish' tenth the following season, you'd have said 'thank you Santa'

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why don't you learn English ? Go boring , keep a clean sheet, WIN the game, JOB done.

Why do you support the Albion ?
7cf0cb9dfc85fac35844b219e7a20fa6.jpg

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am I right in saying that 13 points out of 15 is the best start Brighton have made in the AMEX era?

It equals August 2011 when Poyet got Manager of the month, but then we also beat Hull in the 2nd round of the League Cup.
We had wins against Doncaster, Portsmouth, Cardiff, Posh & drew 2-2 with Blackpool.

Just returned from a family day out in a location bereft of 3G, internet took ages to connect when I got home as did BBC sport website and Championship scores. Two words under my breath when I saw it "F***** Yes!!"

Zickro

Aug 9, 2015
What a game, many positives, and away from home as well.

Wish I had travelled however managed to get a reasonable stream.

I said before the game I would be happy with a draw, but from what I saw we could have scored a few more goals.

Exciting game leaves me, very excited for this season.

Great gesture from Stockdale as well, respect to you sir.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Im almost tearful !

I almost shed a tear at the end of the game. Bobby coming over and handed a young lad his shirt was a lovely touch and then Stockdale took,off his gloves and armband and raised them to the sky, all very moving. The team seemed just that, a team. So pumped up it was good to see.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Most of our fans have been calling for 4-4-2 since Poyets era. This is one thing you can't knock them on.

Good enough for away games. It is when teams park the bus at the Amex we might need to be more sophisticated &/or more expansive.

The dream team was thought to be a line hugging winger with good crosses like the retired Etherington on to the head of Bobby Z as an option. Our four wingers are more of the inverted cut inside and shoot types.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here