Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich-relegation?

E

enigma

I know they did well in the league last year, but they have since lost Bent and Kuqi, and thats a lot of goals. They're 15th at the moment, and they still have a dodgy defence as they have always seemed to have had. Also Parkin is out for a while, which means they will miss a few goals.

While I dont think they should get relegated, I think they may well struggle, as they dont appear to have enough steel in their team.

Thoughts?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Attendance 8,800.

How comes they aren't very high considering their league position? I thought they were getting 12,000 last season?

Surely they should be looking at 16-18K with their league position, and population?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My tip for relegation. How can you sell the spine of your team and still stay up?

Only if other clubs have sold the most of their teams as well.

However, Royle is a good tactician and Manager and he is making the most of a difficult job. He could keep them up by six points even ???

brighton rock said:
they may have lost tonight but they played for 77 minutes with 10 men.
there football was still looking good

Yeah, agree with that.

They will bumble on in lower mid-table without getting in danger. Their keeper had a stormer tonight.

Entertaining game, Cardiff should have won three or four nil but Ipswich showed a lot of fighting quality to almost sneak a draw.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
saafend_seagull said:
Attendance 8,800.

How comes they aren't very high considering their league position? I thought they were getting 12,000 last season?

Surely they should be looking at 16-18K with their league position, and population?

Has Sam done a Captain Birdseye and put all the prices up?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
they'll survive. they won't be seriously pushing for promotion again for another season or two though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
perseus said:
However, Royle is a good tactician and Manager and he is making the most of a difficult job. He could keep them up by six points even ???

Unlike our Lardy Jocko clown... :angry: :angry: :angry:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i don't understand why they sold their key strikers, when they almost got promoted to the prem last season. Surely getting in the prem this season would be worth more than selling their best strikers?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuqi was out of contract and if a Premiership club wants your stiker then he'll want to go, so there's not much you can do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here