Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Press Conference - Poyet

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
things will get better (not that theyre even that bad) but as fans, all we can do is keep turning up keep singing on and on and on and the players will get a boost. If we start dropping attendances and less atmosphere what confidence does that give the players?
we've been through ALOT worse.. this isnt a big situation
UP THE ALBION:albion2::albion2:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Ipswich game is going to demonstrate what we are made of. We have suffered a bad defeat, now we find out if it was to do with being tired, just one of those things or an indication that we have been overachieving. Whichever it turns out to be i don't think Gus will or should be remembered for this result, more for what he has done for us over the last couple of years.

Nothing to apologise for and nothing to explain Gus.......carry on the good work.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The Ipswich game is going to demonstrate what we are made of. We have suffered a bad defeat, now we find out if it was to do with being tired, just one of those things or an indication that we have been overachieving. Whichever it turns out to be i don't think Gus will or should be remembered for this result, more for what he has done for us over the last couple of years.

Nothing to apologise for and nothing to explain Gus.......carry on the good work.
Right.:thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we were offered 5th in league at the start of October, 2 points behind the leaders, i think we would have all taken it

Maybe, but if we were offered 5th in the league at the start of october because we put in a terrible performance against palace allowing them to be the first to beat us in the league at the amex, leading to us dropping the 3 points that would put us top I don't think many would.

Though, that does bring a question up for me... Before the season began there were question asked such as 'would you take relegation if we did the double over palace' and I imagine palace fans had similar questions. Perhaps the footballing fates are conspiring for them to beat us yet get relegated, or allow us to be promoted but at the karmic cost of losing to palace...

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Maybe, but if we were offered 5th in the league at the start of october because we put in a terrible performance against palace allowing them to be the first to beat us in the league at the amex, leading to us dropping the 3 points that would put us top I don't think many would.

Though, that does bring a question up for me... Before the season began there were question asked such as 'would you take relegation if we did the double over palace' and I imagine palace fans had similar questions. Perhaps the footballing fates are conspiring for them to beat us yet get relegated, or allow us to be promoted but at the karmic cost of losing to palace...
i hear what you are saying but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. I would accept, not be happy, for palarse to do the double over us, if that meant a top 6 finish. Just my opinion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gus can say what he wants now. It's his Albion career that is forever tarnished, nobody elses. I certainly won't remember Ryan Harley's or Ashley Barnes' contribution to Tuesday night in ten years' time, but Gus will forever be the man who gave away our pride by overseeing such a pathetic spectacle and let that team be the first to win at The Amex.
Is Ipswich "going to be CRAP", Todger?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Gus can say what he wants now. It's his Albion career that is forever tarnished, nobody elses. I certainly won't remember Ryan Harley's or Ashley Barnes' contribution to Tuesday night in ten years' time, but Gus will forever be the man who gave away our pride by overseeing such a pathetic spectacle and let that team be the first to win at The Amex.

are you for real?

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
FFS we are going to win.

We are 5th in the F'ing table ffs. Anyone would think we are getting relegated!

Pull you selves together. We are having a brilliant start to the season, and this is a blip.

Get F'ing real!!!!!!!

I don't often use language like this, so sort your f***ing selves out!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
things will get better (not that theyre even that bad) but as fans, all we can do is keep turning up keep singing on and on and on and the players will get a boost. If we start dropping attendances and less atmosphere what confidence does that give the players?
we've been through ALOT worse.. this isnt a big situation
UP THE ALBION:albion2::albion2:

With you all the way.

....And while you were at it did you forget the dominance of a division last season when we ended up as Champions?

I think that you should dig the thread up from last season (where has NSC Gold gone?) that predicted doom and gloom before the Charlton away game (coming up for the first anniversary) read that and then watch one of the highlights videos on YouTube as an antidote.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can honestly see us twatting the Tractor Boys on Saturday !!! And I mean stuffing them !!!!

We will WIN.

What are the best odds anyone's seen?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
....And while you were at it did you forget the dominance of a division last season when we ended up as Champions?

I think that you should dig the thread up from last season (where has NSC Gold gone?) that predicted doom and gloom before the Charlton away game (coming up for the first anniversary) read that and then watch one of the highlights videos on YouTube as an antidote.

That wasn't TCBadger, it was his sidekick Withdean Wanderer. TCBadger's claim to fame is that he predicted Poyet would be sacked before the end of the 09/10 season.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If we were offered 5th in league at the start of October, 2 points behind the leaders, i think we would have all taken it

Irrelevant, you won't find the league position as at late Sept in 5 years time only the final one, a last 3 match table is more statistically relevant as to future prospects, ask Labrokes if you doubt it

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
need something saturday as 15 days is a long time for low confidence to worm into the consciousness of the players, team, and staff.......before a live on sky game.......after everyone else has played.

wow, i sound really gloomy :-( fecking palace.

The next game after Ipswich is Hull at home which is not live on Sky, just a later evening kick off.....however, in all your doom and gloom just remember a game like Cardiff away, that was probably only one month or so ago with all the same players. We can win at Ipswich and I hope we will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here