Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fans With Banners...

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Hang on. Is it having a go at Corporate naming rights? I think that's it. Maybe.

Got involved with a Twitter debate at the start of the match:

A R Berry ‏ [MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] :
#itfc fans display the most ignorant banner ever seen in football history #bhafc

Tim Regester ‏ [MENTION=5325]TechnoTim2011[/MENTION] :
[MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] Clearly you must be all in favour of the corporatisation of football. #antimodernfootball #itfc

Tim Regester ‏ [MENTION=5325]TechnoTim2011[/MENTION] :
[MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] clearly you are a fan of the corporatisation of football. #antmoderndootball #itfc

A R Berry ‏ [MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] :
[MENTION=5325]TechnoTim2011[/MENTION] clearly you have absolutely zero understanding about the history of #bhafc .. even your own #itfc fans found it embarrassing

Bizarre!
We are clearly not the club this should be aimed at!

I was right! Do I win a prize?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Eh? That makes as much sense as those banners, what are you on about?

Ok, I'll break it down for you.

We (Brighton fans) really are getting (really are getting, not sure how to explain what that means) a bit precious (offended by everything) nowadays (currently, at the moment).

Hope that helps.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Ok, I'll break it down for you.

We (Brighton fans) really are getting (really are getting, not sure how to explain what that means) a bit precious (offended by everything) nowadays (currently, at the moment).

Hope that helps.

Umm...most posts are ones of bemusement rather than offence being taken. Got any more inaccurate generalisations you'd like to share with us?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
"Where's your banner gone? Where's your banner gone?"

Couldn't read it from where I sit and I still don't get it now I've see it, but got a great view of steward confiscating it, was hilarious.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Initially, I thought I was a bit dim by thinking WTF was that all about? Obviously I wasn't alone......

Glad I'm also not the only one who thought it was an epic fail, whatever it was meant to mean?.......

jacknsk

Jan 1, 2012
This banner was NOTHING personal, it was from a group of Ipswich fans who are against Modern Football. They have NOTHING against Brighton as a club, they just object to the stadium being named after a corporate giant. I do not see this as pathetic at all, they were meerley getting their views across. Maybe the 'North Stand Kollective' should try doing a display some time.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
This banner was NOTHING personal, it was from a group of Ipswich fans who are against Modern Football. They have NOTHING against Brighton as a club, they just object to the stadium being named after a corporate giant. I do not see this as pathetic at all, they were meerley getting their views across. Maybe the 'North Stand Kollective' should try doing a display some time.

I could see your point if a historic ground had it's name sold, but this is a brand new stadium.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

they failed to convey this message though evidently, they even f***ed up the grammar, and got the wrong credit card company.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Umm...most posts are ones of bemusement rather than offence being taken. Got any more inaccurate generalisations you'd like to share with us?

To be fair, there's now two threads on the same subject. A disgrace to Football, 6 fingered morons, I hope we tear them limb from limb are a few of the more 'bemused' comments.

Not many comments saying 'its a banner, I have a life and I'm not bothered'.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
it felt personal. what a bunch of knobheads:nono::nono::nono:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I genuinely can't work it out.

"Some things money can't buy"
"Football isn't one. The AMEX"

I have an ITFC mate on Twitter (Tony Cowards - funny bloke - Twitter) and he can't work it out either.

What is it. We're too rich? Too plastic? Too commercial?

Sounds like a cryptic clue.
I reckon it could be Dusty Bin.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
These are from the first two pages. I couldn't be bothered going through all 5 but you get the drift. Bemusement.

I don't get it. I really don't.

But it says Football is one of the things you CAN buy with money? Is that meant to be a bad thing? What we were supposed to build the stadium with? Magic beans?

It just doesn't make any sense at all does it lol.

Well from my view (ie where i was in the stand at Portman Road) it was crap.

TBF the forum seems equally baffled....couple of quotes

"oops - yep yr right - that is embarrassing - suffolk humour?"

"There's too many negatives in there...It makes my head hurt when I read it

Who the hell wrote it?!"

I would really like to know the point they are trying to make. I can't work it out. Maybe they're trying to be nice?

Perhaps it is a compliment?

As in money could never buy the situation we were placed in and the sense of relief we received when we got the Amex?

is it just me or does that banner not even make sense? 'some things money can't buy, football isnt one of them' is a double negative.. so you can buy football? retards.

I think it might be.

Banner fail if you can't decipher whether its a dig or a complement :lolol:

OH :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

its supposed to be a mastercard joke, some things money can't buy, for everything else there is mastercard...

the idiots seem to have confused American Express and mastercard.. :ffsparr:

Advice to banner writing Ipswich fans.

1. If you have a message to share, make sure it is clear and concise
2. Have one of your literate parents/friends check the message before you start
3. Expend your creative energy on a club that deserve said message

Otherwise you'll repeat what you've done today. We don't understand what you're trying to say, you look like idiots and quite frankly, we wouldn't care much if we did understand.
Oh and thanks for the 3 points.....

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Tossers !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here