Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan in peace

ipswichdj

Feb 27, 2012
Firstly well done on the win at the weekend, maybe a bit harsh scoreline but a deserved win. I mainly wanted to distance myself from the idiocy of the banner people, funny thing is they didnt even get the slogan right as its mastercard not amex! Also what they clearly didnt think about is the fact without our multi million pound owner itfc would probably be bust. As far as im aware most itfc fans are disgusted in the behaviour of a few and have no problem at all with the amex. its a great stadium and after all every team should have a place to call home! sorry for the behaviour of a few and good luck for the rest of the season

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Firstly well done on the win at the weekend, maybe a bit harsh scoreline but a deserved win. I mainly wanted to distance myself from the idiocy of the banner people, funny thing is they didnt even get the slogan right as its mastercard not amex! Also what they clearly didnt think about is the fact without our multi million pound owner itfc would probably be bust. As far as im aware most itfc fans are disgusted in the behaviour of a few and have no problem at all with the amex. its a great stadium and after all every team should have a place to call home! sorry for the behaviour of a few and good luck for the rest of the season

I love it when you get decent fans like this :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

To be fair, I think it's understood most Ipswich fans acknowledge the bannerists are numpties (we have to be careful about abusive statements on here, my six-fingered friend).

But that's not going to stop us making some humorous mileage out of it.

If it's corporate slogans we're looking at... '3-0? That'll do nicely.' etc.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
1 post but lost half your vcash already hehe :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't worry - to most it was a source of amusement that they got the wrong banner wording, the wrong company and the wrong club to try to make whatever their point was.

Every club has it's fair share of idiots and there's every chance one of ours will appear on this thread before long

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Thank you mate. Welcome to NSC. :clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell

What i would like to know is have you ever seen Marcus Evans or do you even know what he looks like? picture?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It did seem a very strange banner at the time. Would any away fan REALLY rather be sat at Withdean, miles from the pitch, freezing cold, and probably soaking wet?

It was a very odd thing to happen, and it got my very placid son in law seething mad and wanting to have a go (verbally) at Ipswich fans. Never seen him like that before.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No need to come on here and apologize mate. I had no problem with the banner myself or any future ones being brought to the Amex. You will find many sensitive souls following Brighton who cannot take any form of criticism or light hearted banner.

I would like to thank the banner makers for making a better atmosphere.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

At first it seemed surreal however once it dawned on everyone the stupidity of it and then the crowd turned played well for us, if you are coming next year please do bring another banner with an inane slogan

Shoreham_Boy

Feb 24, 2012

The banner was about as funny as Paul Jewell's Sex Tape; "Tell me I'm sweaty..."

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here