Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Away Pub?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone know of a good away fans pub in Ipswich? Wheres everyone going?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Right, but what is it ACTUALLY called?

PalaceKing

Sep 28, 2011
Just because I'm feeling particularly nice... Ship Hotel right opposite Ipswich station is a pretty good pub with pretty good real ales. Decent friendly staff and has a nice riverside area. Its only ten minutes to the station as well.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
From Football Grounds Guide:

The main away supporters pub for many a season, the 'Drum & Monkey', has now declared itself a 'home supporters only' pub, following refurbishment. This makes the choice of drinking establishments for away fans very limited. The Station Hotel, which is near to the ground and train station, is where most visiting supporters will congregate. Otherwise the Punch & Judy pub on Cardinal Park, which is close to the ground has also been recommended to me as a pub which is family orientated and where both sets of fans can enjoy a drink. Other pubs in the area such as the Victoria, the Hare & Hounds and the Swan, are very much home pubs and are best avoided by visiting fans.

If you arrive in good time then you can take the walk into the town centre where there are plenty of pubs to be found. Of particular note is the CAMRA Good Beer Guide listed, Lord Nelson in Fore Street. Which is an interesting pub that sells Adnams beers. Otherwise alcohol is on sale inside the ground in the form of bitter and lager, at �3.40 per pint, plus Aspall Suffolk Cyder

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Just because I'm feeling particularly nice... Ship Hotel right opposite Ipswich station is a pretty good pub with pretty good real ales. Decent friendly staff and has a nice riverside area. Its only ten minutes to the station as well.

Really??

When we got herded in there in 2003, its 2 selling points were it was open and early and you could watch the working girls pitching for business outside, although on that front that have been some staffing issues post 2003.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here