Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipods

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
not convinced by the larger ipods but the shuffle is awesome.

1gb and you don't even know it's in your pocket.

Having said that I almost put it in the wash the other day the fucker is so light.

If it's for jogging I'd get that.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Get an ipod.It's the best looking, 20gig is small and light and holds loads, plus there's a ton of gadgets that you can buy afterwards (my faves being the rubber glow skin and the itrip).

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I presume the Ipod minis still have hard drives, therefore a smaller mp3 would be better. The harddiscs on high capacity MP3 players are prone to skipping, the smaller 1 gb or lower dont have spinning hard drives so they are less likely to jump during tracks.
Someone please SHOUT at me if this is all b0llocks

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The iPod Mini still has a hard drive, a 1.8 inch which is extremely prone to damage. They're considering replacing it with Flash but I can see the price going waaay up (as happened when Creative did similar)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i've got a mini one *snigger*

and agree its pretty good , only trouble is the battery life really drops after about 5/6 months (used to get about 5/6hours now struggle to get 90 minutes out of it)

but apart from that perfect , does all i need from it:)

tinx said:
I bought my missus a 1Gb mp3 player off ebay for 50 quid that fits about 200 odd songs and has an lcd screen and everything not just the shuffle of the ipod shuffle and it does all she watns and is small enough to fit in he rpocket.

Sounds exactly like the thing I have. Basic, but dead easy to use, stores as many tracks as I need and small and lightweight enough to just bung in a pocket.

Or buy an iPod and pay an extra £70 for the name and the usual apple restrictions. The one great advantage my cheapo mp3 player has is that you can transfer to and FROM it to my PC.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
culvers said:
But am i right in thinking for the jogging connoisseur a flash drive is the choice?

Yes. Drop a hard disk, its dead. Gone. Unsavable. Drop a flash-storage system and at worst, the flash wipes. Its still reusable. And it usually takes a few hundred hard knocks before it wipes.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what is the cheapest?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just get a IGB MP3 player around £50 - £70, around 200 tracks

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I had my 40gb iPod stolen last week on Cyprus, and want to know what is the best replacement. I would like a decent size disc, and already have bought the headphones (Shure 3c). Cost is not an issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here