Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IPODs- Worth the Money?

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Following all the excellant reviews on here, I purchased said Ipod on Saturday.
Spent the whole day trying to locate one, nowhere had them in stock as they are very popular.
I went for the 20Gb in the end as I honestly dont think I could fill it with 10,000 songs, 5k i think will be enough!
I eventually got one from Dixons in Brighton *(the last one).
I have to say it is an absolutley fantastic piece of ass!
I would reccommend to anyone that they get one.
The only downside was that it does not come with the usb lead, and you can only get it from Apple. I therefore purchased a firewire card for the PC for the sum of £39.99 (PC World) and it works a treat, so bear that in mind when you get one (the usb lead is £15 and only available from Apple)
The software that comes with it is very easy to use.
I paid £299, which is irrelavant as it is worth every single penny.
Just gotta spend all my life downloading music to it now!

If you have the spare cash, get one, you will never regret it.
Well done Apple - marvellous scenes.:clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Rambo said:

I paid £299, which is irrelavant as it is worth every single penny.
Just gotta spend all my life downloading music to it now!

If you have the spare cash, get one, you will never regret it.
Well done Apple - marvellous scenes.:clap: :clap:

My sentiments exactly, do it!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
glad you like it Rambo, cant believe you went to Dixons instead of buying it online but still if you have the money :)
I see the TV Adverts for it have started so everyone will own one at Xmas, I may get a new one next year but probably one of the new Rio's as they look mighty tasty and a small & compact too.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
CrabtreeBHA said:
glad you like it Rambo, cant believe you went to Dixons instead of buying it online but still if you have the money :)

Couldnt stand having to wait for it Crabtree!
Very impatient me!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh then you a free to walk!
The new Rio's look mighty tasty, pricey at the moment but I may be tempted next summer to spend a little for for yet another MP3 player...40gig this time :D

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
This is my first MP3 player, I have been eying them up for ages, wanted one to go in the car, the ipod is perfect, even fits in my mobile phone holder!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cool, think I'll go for a proper car MP3 stereo next year...if I still own a car by then that is....if not then I'll strap it to my bike! Only just over £300 too which aint bad, best get a good alarm to the local pikey bastards cant nick it!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hmmm guess who might just be off to Akiharbara on Saturday morning.

My minidisc has never done me wrong but the rave reviews of colleagues and now NSC is convincing me.

Actually hang on, I'll have to wait till after the Rugby World Cup finishes, a round of beers down the Hobgoblin is not disimilar in price to a tax free IPod :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here