Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPod Touch help needed

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Hi

I've just bought an iPod Touch, and need some advice. Basically, i've never used an iPod before (only a Creative Zen), so iTunes is all new to me. I have a huge music collection stored on my hard drive, mainly ripped from CD using Nero or Windows Media Player, and was wondering how I get the detail across to my iPod. I can get the music across fine (just drag and drop), but the artwork is missing.

Is there any way for iTunes to recognise the songs and automatically add the artwork?

Also, if anyone else has an iPod touch and has any hints or tricks for it, let me know !!

Cheers

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If you highlight the track/album and got to advanced > get album artwork, that should do it... if not, find the artwork on google image search and drag it into the artwork box on itunes...

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
To get the album artwork I think you need to be logged in to itunes store, make sure you are signed in, and then do what D'Angelo says. If you do not have a login you will need to create an account which is easy enough to do.

I moved from a Zen to an ipod touch, and it took a while to work out the vagaries of itunes, but it's worth it in the end!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Itunes will find all the artwork in one go as described above, any it can't find will be listed once it's finished downloading and then you'll have to copy and paste from google images of the albums where Itunes can find them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi

I've just bought an iPod Touch, and need some advice. Basically, i've never used an iPod before (only a Creative Zen), so iTunes is all new to me. I have a huge music collection stored on my hard drive, mainly ripped from CD using Nero or Windows Media Player, and was wondering how I get the detail across to my iPod. I can get the music across fine (just drag and drop), but the artwork is missing.

Is there any way for iTunes to recognise the songs and automatically add the artwork?

Also, if anyone else has an iPod touch and has any hints or tricks for it, let me know !!

Cheers

I do believe I've just seen the self same post on A.N.Other forum ;)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hi

Cheers

On a side note - i've got a Zen currently and love it, but would consider an ipod next time round.. what would you say is better quality?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've found the 'get artwork' option doesn't always help. I ended uip doing image searches for half my album covers.

If you have the artwork on your computer hard drive, open your itunes library in album view, right click on the album, click 'get info' then double click the pickture space. Browse through to find the picture you want, select it and it will add it.

TuneUp

Jan 21, 2009
Still a newbie here, but figured I'd chime in anyway. One of my close friends got the Zen and he preferred it over the iPod , but still felt it lacked what he actually wanted. His words were that the Zen was a great device, but lacked the "ingenuity" to keep it going.He ended up buying a Zune and currently swears by it. I personally am a HUGE ipod fan as it and iTunes has helped me keep my collection pretty organized without much work.

As far as the artwork issue goes, the company that I work for TuneUp might be a help for you. When you download it, it'll automatically identify the tracks that are missing album art and give you 4 options to choose from. All you have to do is hit "save", which is a real time saver. It also fixes your mp3 tags for your collection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here