Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipod Speaker Systems

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Advice required.

Ma and Pa came up trumps this Xmas and bought me an Ipod Nano.

Im after a decent speaker system to play it through at home.
Any suggestions/advice much appreciated.

A couple of friends have a BOSE docking station but i gather they are a couple of hundred quid, paying for the name im sure...

Surely there are cheaper options that offer quality sound ?

Thanks all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it works with a nano (I have a video ipod) then I'd strongly recommend a logitech mm50. When I bought mine not too many shops sticked them and ended up getting it at John Lewis. About £90.00 and a fantastic sound with an amazing volume for the size of the thing. I listened to al the speakers they had which included the apple ones and none came anywhere close for sound quality without stepping up to around £200.00

If you are looking for portable speakers it may be too big although it comes with a case and remote.

Logitech review

Last edited:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I have the Altec Lansing ones for about the same price as the Logitech ones. Fold away nicely and have a remote control. Does the job. They'll never replace a full stereo in terms of quality but a very good replacement for taking travelling or in the kitchen.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Icy Gull said:
If it works with a nano (I have a video ipod) then I'd strongly recommend a logitech mm50. When I bought mine not too many shops sticked them and ended up getting it at John Lewis. About £90.00 and a fantastic sound with an amazing volume for the size of the thing. I listened to al the speakers they had which included the apple ones and none came anywhere close for sound quality without stepping up to around £200.00

If you are looking for portable speakers it may be too big although it comes with a case and remote.

Logitech review

We brought these as well for our nippers Nano from John Lewis, with the intention of borrrowing them of course! We thought the same about the sound and the price and they are very good.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Icy Gull said:

Logitech review

ta, im liking the look of that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
£142 at Amazon Bozza. Looking good i like it, much more what i was after.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i've got some JBL Creature II's i use as Desktop speakers, f***ing ace!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dumb question alert: Are speakers designed for an ipod also compatible with an ipod nano normally? Seeing as how they're different sizes and stuff? Or are there different speakers for each?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
it'll be a standard 3.5mm jack on the speakers so its standardised. they just plug into the headphone socket

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Springal said:
it'll be a standard 3.5mm jack on the speakers so its standardised. they just plug into the headphone socket

Wrong. He said "speakers designed for an ipod" not desktop speakers.

Tom Hark - most iPod speaker come with adaptors for different iPods/generations, but it varies depending on the model.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Oh my days.

I'm guessing he's asking about "speakers designed for an iPod" (because that's what he said), not your JBL Creatures, which are merely compatible with an iPod.

You know, like this:

B000ASB2FE.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V51559630_.jpg

B000G0HYQ2.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65239735_.jpg

B000G0HYUI.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35549217_.jpg

B000FPEP7Y.02._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V34933939_.jpg

Speakers specially designed for iPods charge the iPod when its in the dock and often include remote controls.

(No need to cut and paste info about the JBL Creatures thanks - I own a pair myself.)

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
Wrong. He said "speakers designed for an ipod" not desktop speakers.

Tom Hark - most iPod speaker come with adaptors for different iPods/generations, but it varies depending on the model.

OK, thanks Wozza. You're right, that is what I meant. Some speakers that an ipod nano can snugly dock into :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Marshy said:

Im after a decent speaker system to play it through at home.
Any suggestions/advice much appreciated.

Obviously it was glaringly obvious that he wanted a system that would dock an ipod and charge it and not just a decent speaker system [like I posted]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here