Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipod Nano v Ipod 30g Video

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Quick question - my girlfirend has just had her mini ipodn stolen whilst in Fiji. She intends to buy a new ipod to replace it. She's torn between the lightweight small Nano and the ipod video.

However, she's not sure she would use the video facility - does anyone on here have an ipod video and actually watch videos on it?

Can anyone also tell me whether you are able to view photos on the Nano or not?

All in all, which would prove the better purchase?

Thanks for your help,

Weezle!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
One thats not an Apple would be a help, but reliability wise, if you have to go for the overpriced brand, the hard drive based units are (surreally for the technology) less likely to fail than a Nano and far less likely to suffer the Nano's other failures (scrathing because they seem to be made from butter, breaking physically because they seem to be made from butter, etc...)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Weezle said:
Quick question - my girlfirend has just had her mini ipodn stolen whilst in Fiji.

Get you, logging in from Fiji whilst on your tour of the world....

Despite the theft, hope your both having a wicked one :thumbsup:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have a 30Gb ipod and love it, personally I don't like the nano as its too small storage wise as I require a decent amoutn of tunes. I very rarely watch video on it but its still nice to have that option but the main clincher is the 30Gb vs up to only 4Gb which is just not enough space

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I have a 60Gb Video, I use the video player all the time for watching movies/tv shows whilst on the train !!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
get a creative zen photo.

about 1/3 the price of an ipod, proven to be better, and holds photos.

Like to see where you can oick up a creative zen for a third of the price. They are pretty much the same price as and Ipod 30GB !!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
HH Brighton said:
Like to see where you can oick up a creative zen for a third of the price. They are pretty much the same price as and Ipod 30GB !!

trust me they are not!....from ARGOS.

sniff around and u can find it so much cheaper

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
How long are the movies you watch on an iPod? All the blurb says 'short movies'. How short is short?

Ive still got Fight Club on mine which I need to watch, so I guess they don't have to be THAT short !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here