Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipod / i tunes help ????

seajon

Banned
Oct 17, 2008
:US: Hi, i have recently bought an ipod and am in the process of transfering my cds into i tunes which so far is fairly straightforward. However, when i transfer a complialtion album (eg ministry of sound) it splits each song up individually.

Is this normal and if so is there a way in itunes to view the album where hopefully all of the individual tracks will be located together???

and advice greatly appreciated - many thanks....

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I know what you mean same happens on my I-Phone , not sure how to amend it

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
:US: Hi, i have recently bought an ipod and am in the process of transfering my cds into i tunes which so far is fairly straightforward. However, when i transfer a complialtion album (eg ministry of sound) it splits each song up individually.

Is this normal and if so is there a way in itunes to view the album where hopefully all of the individual tracks will be located together???

and advice greatly appreciated - many thanks....

I use a Mac, but it's something like...
select all the songs in the album
right click a song
select 'Get Info'
Select Options tab
Set 'Part of a Compilation' to No

Hope this helps!

seajon

Banned
Oct 17, 2008
sorry spoke too soon... I have done the above but they are still not located together under an album - any idea what i am doing wrong ??

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
im guessing you have your music listed A-Z by artist like most people.. which with a compilation album will scatter the songs all over the place. You could start listing everything A-Z in order of album name, this will put the compilation album all in one place. Or you could simply alter the artist name on each song so it is the same throughout the album.

I have another itunes/ipod related question....

If i have tracks on my ipod which i dont want to be included when set it to shuffle, is there a way to do this? for example i have radio podcasts on my ipod which i want to keep but dont want them to play when i set it to shuffle...

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I have another itunes/ipod related question....

If i have tracks on my ipod which i dont want to be included when set it to shuffle, is there a way to do this? for example i have radio podcasts on my ipod which i want to keep but dont want them to play when i set it to shuffle...

I may be wrong but the only way i think you could do that would be to copy all the songs you do want to listen to onto a playlist and play that shuffled.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Actually podcasts should be stored in a separate directory to the rest of your albums and therefore don't get included when you go for a shufty. Unless you aren't downloading your podcasts properly and have jumbled them up with your music collection

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here