Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone official

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
5 hours talk time is not going to flatten a battery in a day, unless you are a hopeless phone addict.

As for a new concept, I think OSX, full internet access, high quality video, music, email, phone, sms, mms, PDA, Google maps, the size of an iPod, accounts for it being a pretty new concept, I can't think of any other device that claims to do all this.

All said and done, we will need to wait and see how good/bad it is, that was all I was eluding to. Apple has it's detractors, sure, but those of us who use iPods and Macs are generally delighted with their products, and many many people are changing to their products because they offer more of what people want. As Jobs said, somthing along the lines of, "if you are a company passionate about computing, then you have to make your own hardware as well as software to ensure you can offer the very best".

I shall wait and see what the feedback is like after the summer launch in the States, but I would imagine that it will be a huge success, and a hugely popular product leading up to next Christmas,

*waits with baited breath*

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Most of the functionality it is boasting is already available in my windows smartphone just without a hard drive, I do like the idea of it sensing which way you are holding it so it rotates the view accordingly.

Biggest criticism is the fact there is no stylus for touchscreen device expecially for web browsing etc.

Nice looking phone though, I would imagine it will be around £200 on contract over here when it comes out as phone companies in the UK subsidise phone prices a lot more on contracts than they do in the US.

Don't think I will bother personally though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
eastlondonseagull said:
Only FIVE hours of battery life when the phone bit is switched on (according to The Sun). It's rubbish!

Nah, the standby time hasn't been quoted, but it's five hours talk-time, video playback or web browsing, or 16 hours audio playback.

If you're going to pick on it, go for the crap camera, lack of 3G and modest memory (crap for video). UK price is going to be interesting too.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Wozza said:
Nah, the standby time hasn't been quoted, but it's five hours talk-time, video playback or web browsing, or 16 hours audio playback.

If you're going to pick on it, go for the crap camera, lack of 3G and modest memory (crap for video). UK price is going to be interesting too.

So speaketh the expert ;)

Presumeably the crap camera just means they can rip more people off in a year or so when the second / third generation versions come out.

I'm in two minds about 3G. The 3G on my current Samsung phone eats the battery, so I usually have it switched off. But it doesn't half speed up download time etc etc, so it's great in that respect.

The iPhone's a long way from the 16K Speccy, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I don't think the camera phone market is as developed (no pun intended) in the US, so I guess it wasn't a priority for Apple.

The 2nd/3rd gen models will have more flash memory, that's for sure.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
lets not forget telcos over here are going to rape you to use all the funcionality. no doubt the voicemails will be sent to you in dolby 5.1 surround sound 320kbps mp3 quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here