iPhone / iPod Touch users - iOS 4.0 just released

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
How do you do folders? Please.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thanks. I love folders now but it requires planning. When does the ipad one come out?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Downloading it now, been going for at least an hour, it had better be good!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
About 10 minutes from start to finish!

This. Took no time at all

One thing disappoints and that is that you cannot set a home screen wallpaper on the 8gb ipod touch 2nd gen (even though its got the features of a 3rd gen).

If its cheap enough on pay as you go, i can see my self selling up this ipod and phone, and scraping money together for an iphone 4.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It takes an absolute YONK. My iTunes has backed up my iPhone, downloaded the update, restored factory settings, installed the update, and is now re-syncing all the music. Grr.

Same for me last night-thought I'd lost my broadband at one point because it was going so slow.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think you may find the reason it was slow is because millions of others were doing the same thing at the same time. I do like it though, makes it seem like a new bit of kit.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Mine took a couple of hours - mainly due to a complete backup and restore of my phone which I am presuming those people who took 10 minutes to update did not do.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Running it on my 64gb iPod Touch now, I am going to get a reDONKulous amount of apps now. Wikki wikki wild wild wessst!

Also, Multi-Tasking. Thank you. Nice work.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
My iTouch is telling me that there's stuff I need to transfer to iTunes before I upgrade, but as far as I can see, I've transferred it all (right click, transfer, done). Don't want to upgrade in case of meltdown. Shame.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'll probably wait a few days for the rush to die down, maybe it won't be so slow. I'm disappointed they haven't activated the FM radio yet :tantrum:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I backed up and synced this morning. Then I was prompted to update iTunes which it has been doing since 12pm!! it is about 4/10 of the way through! It stuck on 5 bars for 2 hours and I thought there was something wrong with my connection and was about to reboot when it shot up to 8 bars where it has been for an hour so far!

Oh, and literally as I was typing this, I've just had an error message so I've got to start again now! :cry:

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
I also left mine going over night last night. All is good now, running on 16gb ipod touch, and the folders are BRILLIANT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here