Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone found, looking for owner.

Gillsfan1

Feb 21, 2011
Hello, Gills fan in peace.

I was on the last train home from London Victoria last night and upon getting off at Gillingham, found that the girl who was sitting a few seats away from me had accidentally left her iphone on the floor. She was quite distressed, I think she just broke up with her boyfriend or something but nevertheless she wasn't really in the right frame of mind. She got off at Rochester, I got off at Gillingham which is when I found it.

Obviously I thought about phoning a home number or something however she had a pin lock on her phone so I couldn't get through. I thought i'd post on here before I inevitably hand it into the lost and found at Rochester station if only for a shot in the dark.

This is where you lovely people come in. She seemed to be mid 20's, Brunette, about 5ft 5 or so, and her background picture was of her (i assume) but she was wearing a Brighton and Hove Albion scarf and Hat. She's either going out with (or just broken up with) a guy named William (as it came up on the screen) and her name, or atleast a pet name was "elgie".

I'm not really expecting much but I thought it can't hurt to try. So does anyone on here know of any Rochester based Brighton fans?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Regarding the screen picture you mention

:needpics:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Just hold on to it, if she has any sense she will try phoning it.

But yeah you could put a picture of the picture so to speak and see if anyone 'recognises' her :cool:

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
If you contact the mobile service provider would they be able to find out who it belongs to from the SIM card?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Nice of you to go to this trouble though, well done mate

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not a phone geek myself, but I've heard it's reasonably straightforward to hack into a pin locked iPhone, in fact google brings up plenty of results for such a search.

Very decent of you anyway, maybe it's worth posting the pic up to see if anybody recognises the young lady in question?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It's not mine, but i've been wanting an iphone for a while. Can you send it to me? Seriously tho, nice of you to do this. I'd have probably done the same. she sounds quite fit and if she's just broken up with her boyfriend................

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Fair play to you.

I mean getting off the train at Gillingham, I doubt I'd be able to do that :nono:

Gillsfan1

Feb 21, 2011
UPDATE

At 8:30 this morning (and a very hungover yours truly) I received a phone call from "William" who seemed very surprised to hear a barely legible, semi drunk voice on the other side.

He told me that she works in Rochester and that he would get her to contact me. About 20 minutes ago I got a frantic call from her and am now going to give it back to her when she gets out of work around half 5 this afternoon.

All is well, but thank you for the advice anyway!

P.S. I'm incredibly envious of your new stadium/lack of a c**tish chairman. All the best.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
She is single...so you wouldn't be stirring another man's custard!

Good work anyway, nice to know there are some decent and honest people around!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here