Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone commentary

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Well I use TuneIn radio to stream me BBC Radio Sussex and I live in Germany. Listened to the Peterborough match like this until the stream went down but then everyone was complaining of losing the commentary/stream that day.

Or have I misunderstood the question?

I emailed the seagulls player people again about finding a solution for the iPhone's lack of flash: still no joy there :(

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Well I use TuneIn radio to stream me BBC Radio Sussex and I live in Germany. Listened to the Peterborough match like this until the stream went down but then everyone was complaining of losing the commentary/stream that day.

Or have I misunderstood the question?

I emailed the seagulls player people again about finding a solution for the iPhone's lack of flash: still no joy there :(

This.

I was beaten to it by minutes! I have the TuneIn Radio App and never have a problem listening to matches. I'd suggest giving that a go. It's free to download as well if I remember correctly. At most it is £0.69

turnstiler

Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
This.

I was beaten to it by minutes! I have the TuneIn Radio App and never have a problem listening to matches. I'd suggest giving that a go. It's free to download as well if I remember correctly. At most it is £0.69

Sorry! Ha ha. Yep it's really worth its weight in gold.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
This.

Just downloaded it to my iphone for free and Radio Sussex is loud and clear! :) Thanks for the tip

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Just downloaded it to my iphone for free and Radio Sussex is loud and clear! :) Thanks for the tip

I have had the Tune in app on my iphone 3gs for some time and have found it quite disappointing when listening outdoors (without wifi). It starts for a few seconds and then starts buffering and before you know it your listening to the sport a few minutes behind live. After about half an hour it will stop completely. Not sure if I need to change the settings but I find it very frustrating.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have had the Tune in app on my iphone 3gs for some time and have found it quite disappointing when listening outdoors (without wifi). It starts for a few seconds and then starts buffering and before you know it your listening to the sport a few minutes behind live. After about half an hour it will stop completely. Not sure if I need to change the settings but I find it very frustrating.

I've never had this problem. I may just be lucky, possibly the signal in reading is better? Or, like you say, the settings.

The only issue I find is that it absolutely drains the battery, other than that it's a top app

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So tunein streams someones radio in Sussex And not the standard web streams? Otherwise it will be blocked, right? I'm sure I used to use tunein and it would just direct to the crawler match because if the broadcasting regs.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I use Tune In radio quite a bit and have yet to be able to the the Radio Sussex Albion commentary -as others have commented, all I can ever get it Crawley, or Eastborne, or Lewes...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I use Tune In radio quite a bit and have yet to be able to the the Radio Sussex Albion commentary -as others have commented, all I can ever get it Crawley, or Eastborne, or Lewes...

I imagine you can't get Crawley now for the same reason we can't get ours.

However, Crawley now have a "Reds Player" that you can log into with your Seagulls Player details!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Same here Shirty.

turnstiler

Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
It seems turnstiler and Paul reids sock are telling porkies !!

Yes that's right and hearing Nooney's cracker from 20 yards was just a figment of my imagination.

I'll pop back later to read Dwayne Dibley swap pork pies for humble pie ;)

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I imagine you can't get Crawley now for the same reason we can't get ours.

However, Crawley now have a "Reds Player" that you can log into with your Seagulls Player details!

Yes, your right - Crawley was last season. To be honest, once I've worked out its not the Albion I just turn it off...

turnstiler

Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany

Could there be any relation to us both being based outside of Sussex?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Yep Tune In uses the web feed and will cut out or re tune to another game (the web game) before kick off and return shortly after 5 for the phone in. Have no idea how others are getting it to listen to our game

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Could there be any relation to us both being based outside of Sussex?

I'm in London I've tried to get it to work possibly 20 times and never have had success. Maybe this season is different and perhaps someone is streaming their radio from sussex. As I can't make the game on sat we will see won't we !!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

You got me, I decided to post a a reply just to wind up and waste fellow albion fans time ...

I have only had it this season so it may be that someone is boradcasting it from a pirate station that doesn't care about the broadcasting rules. The source of the streming will come up with all sorts of weird and wonderful websites. I was suprised when I first listening to the commentry as I had in previous season tried to listen online and had the usual messages of the show being unable to broadcast, but can honestly say I have been listening to the albion on my phone this season using TuneIn

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You got me, I decided to post a a reply just to wind up and waste fellow albion fans time ...

I have only had it this season so it may be that someone is boradcasting it from a pirate station that doesn't care about the broadcasting rules. The source of the streming will come up with all sorts of weird and wonderful websites. I was suprised when I first listening to the commentry as I had in previous season tried to listen online and had the usual messages of the show being unable to broadcast, but can honestly say I have been listening to the albion on my phone this season using TuneIn

I would imagine that it is the official stream and someone at radio Sussex forgot to switch it. Virtually no-one is interested in non-league radio commentary on the net, so no-one would bee likely to complain. I've listened to a few matches up north with my in-laws on the official radio Sussex site when it should clearly not have been broadcast on the internet. The exception to this is cup games.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
it is annoying as i have a sonos system for radio- streams their broadcasts.

threw away the old fm radio

i now cannot listen to the commentry on the main system- have to do iplayer. bit of a bitch really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here