Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iphone commentary

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Did try a search but can you listen to the Bristol game on an iphone. The radio apps that I have tried before when tuned to Radio Sussex all seem to broadcast another game like Eastbourne. Thanks in advanve

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Has the Iphone not got an FM radio?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
No. Not built in.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Due to copyright issues, the game cannot be broadcast live online unless you subscribe to player which cannot be accessed on an iphone because it uses flash. If you are in Sussex take a fm radio with you and its on 95.3fm.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Due to copyright issues, the game cannot be broadcast live online unless you subscribe to player which cannot be accessed on an iphone because it uses flash. If you are in Sussex take a fm radio with you and its on 95.3fm.

Like the man says get an FM radio then (or a phone with an FM radio).

Sooooo much cheaper than an Iphone

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There is the Football League app that you can use to watch videos with your Seagulls Player account. Doesn't do live commentary though...

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Without meaning to thread hijack, has anyone here found a way to stream the commentary on player via their Iphone?

This thread was posted a while ago: Seagulls player

However, I've tried both Skyfire and Puffin browser apps, and neither seem to work!

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4369726 said:
I tried both, and much the same as you - no joy :(

Ah glad I'm not the only one at least :(

Bloody annoying though, because I just KNOW that there's gonna be a day soon when I cannot make it to my laptop to listen to the game, and my phone will be useless!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Apple wont put flash on iphones thats why. I imagine it works on higher end android devices.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You mean to say the iPhone doesn't have a fm radio :eek: but bozza says its perfect. Sounds like a apple schoolboy error.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
No. Unfortunately I am away near Manchester otherwise I would be going. So and FM radio would not work Why when you use a radio App does it not tune to the BHA game but to another local one?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
If you live in Sussex and can pick up BBC Radio Sussex
You can listen to Brighton matches home and away on BBC Radio Sussex for Free.
You can also listen to the matches home and away online by subscribing to Seagulls Player

If you don't live in Sussex
Then the only way to listen to Brighton matches home and away is to subscribe to Seagulls Player. It costs about £34.00 a year. Seagulls player requires flash to be installed on your PC, Mac or Phone for it too work.

If you listen to BBC Radio Sussex online via the BBC website whilst the match is being played you will get the match served by BBC Radio Surrey which will not be Brighton.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In the days before Seagulls player, I used to phone my dad in Sussex and get him to put his phone by the radio. Not the most convenient way to listen but nevertheless, better than nowt! Some time after, there was a member of nsc who used to unofficially stream the games. I was so grateful to him, unfortunately he passed away last year in a freak accident.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
You can always Jailbreak you iPhone and then install frash, of course this will invalidate your warranty, but it does work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here