iphone 3.0 software

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
who'd of thought it
www.apple.com

It doesn't list them all though, does it?

Still finding a few new ones on the iPod now...

When listening to podcasts (and, presumably, audiobooks too) - there is a 'back 30 seconds' icon, which makes it very easy to easily re-listen to a bit if you miss something. This happened to me a lot and dragging the little bar back a few seconds on a 90 minute podcast was difficult to do well.

Also on podcasts - adjust the playing back speed - 1x, 2x, 0.5x.

Also on podcasts - an 'email a link to this' icon.

When listening to anything it was always difficult to move to a particular point in the audio file. The little progress bar was simply less precise than the old wheel on the iPod classics. They've now changed that - put your finger on the bar and you are told you can move your finger down the screen to change the speed of 'scrubbing'. The default speed, when your finger is on the bar, is as was. But as you drag your finger down the screen the speed reduces - making it far easier to move to a specific point.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I downloaded and installed it last night no problems, all apps automatically re-synched - I didn't have to do a thing apart from click the mouse a couple of times.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not saying that they didn't outsource, I'm saying there were problems as their sever clearly couldn't cope !

you are always going to have problems with something on this scale!

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Downloaded. Having real problems with my Iphone at the moment though, think it must of got water damage. A message keeps coming up every few minutes saying something like: your iphone doesnt support this accessory (when it has nothing plugged into it.) Also getting the 'white screen of death' where every time it goes on standby a white screen comes up and the only way to get rid of it is restarting the phone. Anyone else had either of these problems? I'm calling apple now, pretty sure I have no warranty though.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Downloaded. Having real problems with my Iphone at the moment though, think it must of got water damage. A message keeps coming up every few minutes saying something like: your iphone doesnt support this accessory (when it has nothing plugged into it.) Also getting the 'white screen of death' where every time it goes on standby a white screen comes up and the only way to get rid of it is restarting the phone. Anyone else had either of these problems? I'm calling apple now, pretty sure I have no warranty though.

Mine has frozen twice today, never had problems before and had to restart the phone.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How much do you reckon they will charge for that, looks good.

Still being vague as to when it is going to be released as well as the price.

Can see them selling the software and then map packs on top of that.

My guess it'll be £30 + £10 for each map pack. The docking station will probably be £50-100 I reckon.

Garmin are due to release software as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Finally got my media messaging thing through today. No problems otherwise.

I love my iPhone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here