Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IP Address Help

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Hi there

Think I've had my email account hacked. I've checked, and it says my email account has been opened at several different IP addresses. Is there any way of getting more details about where an IP address is? Really upset about this, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If it is an email address through your ISP then contact them. Or try this site.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
You could find out what ISP the IP address belongs to, then email their abuse department with the dates, times and addresses used and hope they deal with the person.

First thing's first though, you have run a full virus scan and changed your password?

Put the IP addresses in Query the RIPE Database and in the crap that appears search for an email address similar to abuse@blah.net or a line like this...

remarks: For abuse notifications please file an online case @ http://www.virginmedia.com/netreport

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Okay... found out where a couple of IP addresses are based - is there anything I can do to report these addresses, and is anything likely to be done about it if I do complain?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You can report the abuse to the abuse contact listed in RIPE for the ISP. Realistically nothing, at all, will be done though.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
So its just a case of changing the passwords and hoping it doesn't happen again? To give a little background, its a couple of people back in the UK who have been accessing my email account somehow and using information from what they read to cause my girlfriend and me personal grief while I'm over here in Australia...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here