Anyone got it yet?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Updating iTunes (very slowly) in preparation

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I updated itunes last night in preparation but it is likely to be either 5pm or 6pm this evening when it goes live. Then got to decide which device to update first.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Think I might leave this until tomorrow morning... when most of the US is fast asleep. It'll be carnage trying to get it tonight...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Its normally ok if you get on early on when its released then as the evening goes on it gets slower and slower.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I reckon it will, my work Blackberry has effectively been a brick for two days now.

A bit of me hopes this update tempory kills all iphones, then my dream headline can be used. 'Apple & Blackberry crumble'

Booom

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its normally ok if you get on early on when its released then as the evening goes on it gets slower and slower.

Agreed. Most of America is at work when the update goes live so an early download is generally a quick one.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
With a new version of Lion today as well, the Apple servers are gonna be very busy.

Is it a big update on Lion? Details?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
S'OK - found it! Update iTunes to 10.5 to enable installation of iOS5 - all to do with this Cloud thingy or summat technical.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
iCloud.com is live already.

Can't do allot at the moment unless you've upgraded to iOS5 or have Lion.

I'm still a Snow Leopard user as I've not heard great things about Lion so felt no need to move over. If this cloud service is any good (particularly the calendar stuff - can't stand the faff I have to go through to get my calendar to sync with my phone) then this could be the thing that makes me upgrade.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I like the idea of the cloud stuff in Lion so that if i take a picture on my iphone it will be instantly available on both ipad and Mac.

Have to say I am a Lion user and its great, works perfectly and has some nice new features.

Am quite excited by the ios5.

Firstly, iCloud will clear a load of stuff off my HD - particularly Apps (am running an ageing laptop) - and should make backing up a lot more straightforward. I assume it will mean I no longer have to go through the palaver of syncing Gmail Calendar with my phone via Outlook (can't quite remember the details of why i had to do it in the first place - think it was something to do with older calendar items being deleted rather than stored off my phone. Of course this might be something that has already been corrected!).

Really looking forward to working through the new features - it looks as though a good few of them including reminders (currently use 2Do but would like something integrated into my calendar) and the notification centre (about time) will be a real boon and photo sync should encourage me to properly sort out my digital photos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here