Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Introduction of charges for season ticket cards

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know ... I know :facepalm: :D

And your post has taken us to page 14 :lolol:

Incidentally, having a mobile ticket can save you £15 on a seat change! I changed seats this season ... just shuffled along the row I'm in a bit ... no charge :thumbsup:

I'll be doing the same at 16:30 on Saturday - no charge :thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
View attachment 146514

Here is the email with the details of the £20 charge……..I’m not a pensioner BTW :)

Having now read that email it does seem PB has heard a few have passed ticket on. His view to do this one should pay £25 and join sharing scheme so he has now added that to the ticket to get back and plus what club were losing. Considering we are selling out every game seems an over reaction to me.
Despite us not looking like scoring for 4 home games and Norwich one of bottom sides the game has still sold out. This just shows the pull of PL and all the time we are there the club can do what it likes.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Having now read that email it does seem PB has heard a few have passed ticket on.

I’m not sure who in their right mind would pass on a ST card with their photo on, unless it was to a twin brother or sister.
There are also security cameras at the turnstiles, I’m sure the club being so up with modern technology can check the CCTV at the same time as a ST card is scanned at a turnstile. Just a few random checks at each turnstile would probably prove these cards are not being lent to others.

Honestly I would be very surprised if any fellow fans are lending these cards to others TBH.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fortunately the march of technology is slower up here and so we still have cards. There have been phone tickets issued this year, single game only I think, and they have had a lot of criticism for being slow and inefficient. (And for that matter Burnley still allow shared tickets, de facto if not technically according to the rules, so the other issue doesn't apply.)

Unfortunately the march of time is no slower and my Mum's too old to sit through a match in cold weather now. But if and when she does go, the ticket is on traditional card or else sent via email and printed on paper.

How traditional ? ST cards have only been in use at the Albion for around 10 years or so. I think since the Amex opened. We used to have paper tickets even for STH.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Fortunately the march of technology is slower up here and so we still have cards. There have been phone tickets issued this year, single game only I think, and they have had a lot of criticism for being slow and inefficient. (And for that matter Burnley still allow shared tickets, de facto if not technically according to the rules, so the other issue doesn't apply.)

Unfortunately the march of time is no slower and my Mum's too old to sit through a match in cold weather now. But if and when she does go, the ticket is on traditional card or else sent via email and printed on paper.

Sorry, didn’t realise you’re a Burnley fan. Love Turf Moor, proper old school ground I was lucky to visit earlier in season. That’s good to hear, that your mum can still go albeit with assistance and warmer weather. I guess my point is, in such instances, someone is there to help. Anyone who is in similar or same situation will likely also have so the digital barrier can be overcome that way.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
By 'old school' I take it you meant the lighters and bottles we got on the swede once our second went in.

Stadium, not fans. Sorry to hear you got hurt mind, I’m a bit hard and look it so not surprised Burnley’s finest give me a swerve.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Sorry, didn’t realise you’re a Burnley fan. Love Turf Moor, proper old school ground I was lucky to visit earlier in season. That’s good to hear, that your mum can still go albeit with assistance and warmer weather. I guess my point is, in such instances, someone is there to help. Anyone who is in similar or same situation will likely also have so the digital barrier can be overcome that way.
Happily, thanks to a share buy-out of the minority shareholders (half paid out in club shop/ticket/hospitality credit vouchers) we can now manage a season or two in the hospitality lounge - choice of watching behind glass on a cold day or in padded seats on a warm day! All on the house, so to speak!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Happily, thanks to a share buy-out of the minority shareholders (half paid out in club shop/ticket/hospitality credit vouchers) we can now manage a season or two in the hospitality lounge - choice of watching behind glass on a cold day or in padded seats on a warm day! All on the house, so to speak!

That’s great news, hope you and your dear mum get to see many more games together in some comfort! :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So PB when you read this maybe you'll think was it really worth it?

Albion have a head of Supporter Services - Jenny Gower - who runs that team - who i guess is in charge of moving the fan base over to digital tickets . Why do you imagine that every single decision at the club is made by Paul Barber ?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Albion have a head of Supporter Services - Jenny Gower - who runs that team - who i guess is in charge of moving the fan base over to digital tickets . Why do you imagine that every single decision at the club is made by Paul Barber ?
it can be any Tom Dick or Harry the Hymn sheet reads the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO it's a bit beneath the club to insist that everybody has everything on their poxy phone. Just like nobody can bring a flask of hot drink into the ground anymore. It's borderline age-discriminatory and just makes the club look more than a bit crap.

Put that in your survey and smoke it

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
No one seems to have mentioned the suggestion in the email that digital ticketing is mandated by the premier League. Perhaps the club has no choice (though I don't know the details of the mandate.)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
No one seems to have mentioned the suggestion in the email that digital ticketing is mandated by the premier League. Perhaps the club has no choice (though I don't know the details of the mandate.)

Exactly - all this bitterness to the club and to Paul Barber (aparently the same thing in some people's minds) is ridiculous. There is plenty that they choose to get exactly right, and some things that they choose to get wrong - but if they are simply following the rules / a mandate from the League, perhaps it is time to aim the arrows of outrage at the genuine targets?

"The Premier League are mandating a move to digital ticketing across the league, recognising the environmental and security benefits along with the reduction to touchpoints so this is something we are required to adopt." (my emphasis). Like you, I do not know how the mandate originated, it's intended timescales, or whether it will be implemented by other clubs - but I recognise that our club tends to follow the PL rules.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I wish people just get on board with. There’s really nothing to see here. It’s 2022, not 1922. Digital passes reduce costs, gives greater control, visibility…data is valuable etc.

If you’re unable to accommodate (again, in 2022) then regardless of your age or list of reasons why you can’t, then I can only wonder at how you exist in todays digital world. Besides, club have kept an analogue solution. It just costs £20 because hardly anyone needs anymore.

Time to get on the bus people. It’s only going one way.

Now getting on the bus is a fair comparison. I have a bus pass that is the same as my season ticket card. They both work the same. Touch and go. Fast modern and smart. No problem. Cards rule phones hmmmm!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I did mention it a couple of days ago!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Thank you for this posting. Clearly its not as easy and straight forward going forward as some would have us believe on here. Sounds like you are doing a great job helping people here.

It's an absolute pleasure TBH, seeing people come out of their digital shell a little is rewarding. Clearly some people have no understanding nervous about tech some people are and how anxious it makes them when they are being pushed to use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here