Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet Radio Stations

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As my phone has a built in FM transmitter and I've a good internet data plan, I've found myself listening to a lot of Internet Radio lately. Favourite stations so far are:

KFM 106.9
BIG UP RADIO (especially their dub station)
WFMU
Fortis Radio 9ja
GC's Irie iRadio
KCRW

I also like a delve around some Congolese and Colombian stations for some Soukous & Cumbia too. I'll be trying to make an attempt to listen to more Brap FM as well.

KFM is probably my favourite as it's like a 24 hour Gilles Peterson show, which is always going to be a good thing.

What do you listen to ?

And have you any good recommendations that match the stations I've listed above ?

Cheers.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I tend to listen to minimalstation.fm - the leading minimal techno radio station. founded 2010 by Stefan Simons (mr.simmons) & Dietmar Maier (king brain) delivering the finest minimal techno house - 24/7 - it's a minimal techno station. No talking, only music. Apart from that it's that Radio 3 programme.

I follow a lot of Scandinavian stuff on Twitter/Facebook etc and you might also like this website Sounds and ColoursSouth American music and culture magazine I discovered as well. It's got loads about S American music and culture. It's very informative.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I tend to listen to minimalstation.fm - the leading minimal techno radio station. founded 2010 by Stefan Simons (mr.simmons) & Dietmar Maier (king brain) delivering the finest minimal techno house - 24/7 - it's a minimal techno station. No talking, only music. Apart from that it's that Radio 3 programme.

I follow a lot of Scandinavian stuff on Twitter/Facebook etc and you might also like this website Sounds and ColoursSouth American music and culture magazine I discovered as well. It's got loads about S American music and culture. It's very informative.

Thanks Buzzer, I'll give that soundsandcolours site a look. I do keep up with your blog from time to time too btw -very good it is too :thumbsup:
As you've probably already found out, for Late Junction, it's Fiona's shows especially you'll not be wanting to miss as she's a right Scandinavian buff and especially anything on ECM.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thanks Buzzer, I'll give that soundsandcolours site a look. I do keep up with your blog from time to time too btw -very good it is too :thumbsup:
As you've probably already found out, for Late Junction, it's Fiona's shows especially you'll not be wanting to miss as she's a right Scandinavian buff and especially anything on ECM.

Exactly! Are you on Twitter by the way? I would love to keep abreast of your music. Thanks for the kind words too. One radio station I don't listen to per se but I follow on Twitter: Home :: WNMC 90.7 Community Radio :: Northwestern Michigan College They always post on Twitter the songs they play and it's a very eclectic mix of blues, jazz, alt-rock, etc, etc and I discover new music on there quite often. I'm definitely curious about the Irie radio station too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Exactly! Are you on Twitter by the way? I would love to keep abreast of your music. Thanks for the kind words too. One radio station I don't listen to per se but I follow on Twitter: Home :: WNMC 90.7 Community Radio :: Northwestern Michigan College They always post on Twitter the songs they play and it's a very eclectic mix of blues, jazz, alt-rock, etc, etc and I discover new music on there quite often. I'm definitely curious about the Irie radio station too.

Never been on twitter, facebook or any of them social network thingies and can't ever see me going on them either. I'm generally not the sociable type :)

To be honest, my musical knowledge and abreast of things status is probably about League One compared to your Premiership class on the subject anyway.

GC's Iriei Radio is strictly roots and culture reggae. Here's a link ..:: GC's Irie iRadio ::..

WFMU's programme schedule reads like a work of art in itself I reckon - truly freeform radio and some really wonderful show names. http://wfmu.org/table

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here