Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet Explorer 8

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well I've got Safari on here but I don't think it's any faster than Firefox and in fact recently I was working in a place that had a few large Macs for graphics. None of them used Safari and in fact prefered Firefox.

That's not what I said though - I use Firefox both on my work laptop and my home Mac. As above I guess you could infer that I 'prefer' it. (In actual fact, it's because I'm a lazy so and so, and haven't got round to downloading Safari 4 yet - I'll remedy that right now)

What I was referring to above was the recent release of Safari 4 and that, by all accounts, is far quicker than both IE and Firefox.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Right, gotcha, I'll do likewise then. I'll let you know.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ok here's my one reason for using firefox.. but it's a biggy!

FOXMARKS (plugin)

basically, I'm at work, I bookmark something. I close firefox. I come home, I open firefox, and the bookmark is there!

syncs all passwords (if you want to) and bookmarks seamlessly. There's nothing like that for IE or Safari as far as I know.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I have Safari 4 here, using it now. I think it is pretty quick (certainly runs rings round IE) but it's not that easy to say because of my ISP speed and my tenuous WiFi distance (I'm 120 yards from the router and currently the signal goes via a bridge). It's not appreciably quicker than Firefox but it may look better on a more local network.

It's pretty good though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trying to install Flash, but keep getting the IE8 gold bar telling me about Add-ons disabled, although they seem to be enabled. Can't get the gold bar to override that one so I can install flash. GRRRR.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i think IE 8 is rubbish and it really peeing me of and looking to change

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't like firefox on my old puter, downloaded IE8 about a month ago and has been almost faultless compared to 7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here