Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet Explorer 8

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Internet Explorer 8 the replacement browser for IE7 has now been released. I am now using it to see how it compares to Firefox and so far it is doing the business. I had reservations about it when using the Beta 1 , Beta 2 and RC versions but all the gripes about it interfering with other programs (such as McAfee) are unfounded. Well done to Microsoft for realising there are alternative browsers doing a superior job to IE7 and this puts them back on a more level playing field with regards to functionality.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Too little, too late I'm afraid. I wont be touching IE with a 10 foot barge pole.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll stick with Firefox.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I understand it, the issue with previous versions of IE isn't so much that they didn't work, they did, but that they weren't safe/were very vulnerable to virus attacks and such.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I avoid IE at all costs.

Firefox is much quicker, and much easier on the eye.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I changed to Firefox after the IE7 security scare a couple of months back. I think I'll stick with Firefox to be honest, it does the job for me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have IE8 but it sits way behind Firefox and Flock.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I used Google Chrome and much prefer it to IE & Firefox. Microsoft have really pissed me off with the latest version of MSN Messenger. I can't see my contacts anymore

I have Chrome but I don't like it's interface as much as Firefox although I do reckon it's quicker.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I much prefer it's interfaces, but there are a couple of sites that don't work on it. Actually, seagulls.co.uk doesn't work properly for some reason

No plug ins for it ? I'd be interested to know.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Isn't Safari where it's all at now for super-quick browsery stuff?

Well I've got Safari on here but I don't think it's any faster than Firefox and in fact recently I was working in a place that had a few large Macs for graphics. None of them used Safari and in fact prefered Firefox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here