Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet bomb

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
With so much spam and unwanted e mails, why is it not possible to come up with an Internet bomb.

Someone in authority would mail it to the spammer and their computer would self destruct.:thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
With so much spam and unwanted e mails, why is it not possible to come up with an Internet bomb.

Someone in authority would mail it to the spammer and their computer would self destruct.:thumbsup:

put me down for one of those Uncle C the amount of spam I get is now enormous ans I have two filters as well the trouble is my email addy has attracted the idiots:rant::censored::rant:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
put me down for one of those Uncle C the amount of spam I get is now enormous ans I have two filters as well the trouble is my email addy has attracted the idiots:rant::censored::rant:

Yep there could be an International jury who would arbitrate on the use of the bomb. Microsoft could build it into the programming, and there would be right of appeal to salvage any PCs wrecked by mistake.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
...you're making a massive assumption that spammers are a: using Windows and b: sending stuff from their own PCs.

As goes the second one, they aren't. And if you've been using the internet as a 'normal user' without decent antivirus (Norton is not decent antivirus...), theres a damn good chance your PC is actually relaying spam.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
...you're making a massive assumption that spammers are a: using Windows and b: sending stuff from their own PCs.

As goes the second one, they aren't. And if you've been using the internet as a 'normal user' without decent antivirus (Norton is not decent antivirus...), theres a damn good chance your PC is actually relaying spam.

Oh my goodness. Sounds like classic own goal.:nono::nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
...and again, that only worked on (specific) versions of Windows with specific web browsers. And if it was online now it wouldn't work with modern browsers.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton

The problem is that someone will hack this and mis-use it. Guaranteed.

Time and time again this happens. The biggest movie houses in the world came together and spent a lot of money on an encryption system to stop people copying DVDs. In no time at all it got broken.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Well that thread title has guaranteed that we get investigated by MI5 again!

Seagulls anyone (you obviously need to know that we were (Albion fans that is) were investigated in the 90's because some nob thought we were chanting seich heil during games. (seagulls....seich heil......easy mistake to make!)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The Internet was invented by mankind, so surely its not beyond the wit of the new wizkids to come up with a way of solving this problem.

At this rate it will be difficult to find the one or two e mails you really want.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Seagulls anyone (you obviously need to know that we were (Albion fans that is) were investigated in the 90's because some nob thought we were chanting seich heil during games. (seagulls....seich heil......easy mistake to make!)

i remember an article in the paper about two years ago just after we played Millwall, a jurnalist went to the new den to see what its repuatation was like now, cue him saying one stand of Millwall fans were chanting Natzi songs and saluting!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And like all good inventions it was done by a Brit.

although the japs must get a special mention for inventing the playstation, the French for brie, the Italians for vespas and the Americans for coke, rock n roll and for giving us the word MILF.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

And the funniest part of this was it took them several months to realise their mistake,........... obviously enjoying the matches too much i think.

Maybe we need to start a similar rumour at Withers, and those investigating can help fill the empty seats, ... just a thought.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
And like all good inventions it was done by a Brit.

The Internet existed for about 25 years before 'the web' which is what was invented by a Brit (working in Switzerland). And the Internet was not developed by anyone British or anything other than American...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Spam is a total pain. What annoys me is I keep getting emails about making my willy bigger. THe problem is, I've never received an email offering to make my willy smaller, which is what I really need! 15 inches gives you backache after a while.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here