Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] International call ups

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Congratulations to all the Albion lads off to represent their countries this week:

In amongst the good news though, (great to see JPVH get his call up), there's a couple I'm uncomfortable with.

Pervis Estupinan has barely kicked a ball in months, and would far rather he was getting up to speed here, than flying off to Brazil and Peru.

Evan Ferguson is the other worry - he's been out for months, is barely back training, and you just know that the Irish are going to start him in back to back physical games against England and Greece :down:

Quite a lot of travel involved too, for Kaoru (to Japan and Bahrain), Adingra (Ivory Coast / Chad), Minteh (Comoros / Gambia), Baleba (Cameroon / Zimbabwe), Lamptey (Ghana / Nigeria) and Enciso (Uruguay / Paraguay) - but you can't sign players from such far flung nations, without accepting that as inevitable.

🙏 for a successful, injury free International break, for all.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought McConville was injured too (possibly why he didn't go out on loan?) Hope NI don't bring him back too early as well.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Congratulations to all the Albion lads off to represent their countries this week:

In amongst the good news though, (great to see JPVH get his call up), there's a couple I'm uncomfortable with.

Pervis Estupinan
has barely kicked a ball in months, and would far rather he was getting up to speed here, than flying off to Brazil and Peru.

Evan Ferguson is the other worry - he's been out for months, is barely back training, and you just know that the Irish are going to start him in back to back physical games against England and Greece :down:

Quite a lot of travel involved too, for Kaoru (to Japan and Bahrain), Adingra (Ivory Coast / Chad), Minteh (Comoros / Gambia), Baleba (Cameroon / Zimbabwe), Lamptey (Ghana / Nigeria) and Enciso (Uruguay / Paraguay) - but you can't sign players from such far flung nations, without accepting that as inevitable.

Agree - Crazy that these two are going.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Pervis Estupinan has barely kicked a ball in months, and would far rather he was getting up to speed here, than flying off to Brazil and Peru.

Totally agree, especially about Ferguson. Absolute nonsense that he’s going.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

That's a lot of players to get injured on international duty and be out for Ipswich

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There should be clauses where club doctors tell the international regime that a player can train but not risk playing.
Clubs pay the wages of players, and are responsible for them.
I’m not advocating a Giggs situation to avoid international duties, but clubs should be able to protect their asset.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully Dunk can go on a nice holiday for 5 days or something

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
There should be clauses where club doctors tell the international regime that a player can train but not risk playing.
Clubs pay the wages of players, and are responsible for them.
I’m not advocating a Giggs situation to avoid international duties, but clubs should be able to protect their asset.
If they get injured on international missions, FIFA cover the wages.

Hopefully Hurz have some communication with the coaches of these national teams. If they are fit then of course they could play a bit, would only be good.
As long as its not 2x90 or something of that sort it should be fine.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If they get injured on international missions, FIFA cover the wages.

Hopefully Hurz have some communication with the coaches of these national teams. If they are fit then of course they could play a bit, would only be good.
As long as its not 2x90 or something of that sort it should be fine.
It’s worth noting the FIFA Club Protection payments on happen if the player is out for more than 28 consecutive days. Also if a player is injured during a major tournament the responsibility for compensation falls on the national FA rather than FIFA.

It’s not in a nations best interest to give a player still returning to full fitness full 90 mins games. They will know if the player is only capable of 30 mins etc as they will still be in contact with clubs medical staff.

I’d be very surprised if Ferguson or Pervis started any of their respective internationals but I’d be happy to see both get some mins off the bench as it only speeds up their return to full fitness and increases their chances of playing for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Symonds.jpg

:facepalm:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought McConville was injured too (possibly why he didn't go out on loan?) Hope NI don't bring him back too early as well.
Technically, he hasn't been named in the Northern Ireland U-21 squad -

U21s squad for Euro qualifier against England revealed

However, the article on the Irish FA website states this:-

McConville.jpg

I'm guessing he has travelled to Northern Ireland anyway and they will assess him next week.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here