Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Alcohol

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Not sure Canadian Beers travel that well. The Molson and Labatts that you get here may even be brewed here under licence. My Brother in law from Ontario brings me over a few local beers when visiting but they never seem to taste as good as when in Canada.
Same for their wines. Niagara wines are great there (apart from the ice wines - ugh!) but not here.

The keith bar in Halifax is wonderful. Incidentally a great weekend can be had around the Niagara peninsula with dozens of wineries all open with free tasting sessions. Hire a bike and do the tour, it's a great experience. You may fall off the bike towards the end though.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Sam, have you tried your local market and ask if they could bring it in for you. I seem to recall Labatt on the shelf at my Morrisons and it will be loads cheaper not having to pay for shipping.

Nope. Not tried that. Do you mean market, or supermarket?

I am a big fan of Molson but not LaBatts.

I went to the Labatts brewery tour in London, Ontario. Was WICKED.

molson is delightful and i rather liked kokane - but i cant think of any beers in the world that i have had that top steam whistle

Molson Canadian was one of my favs. Didn't see/try Steam Whistle.

which beers did you try whilst in Canada?

Er, off the top of my head - Kokanee, Moosehead, Mossehead light, Keiths India Pale Ale, Canadian, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light, Brava, Budweiser, Budweisher Light, Stella (those last three were made at Labatts brewery) :glare:

Few others as well.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Why can't we have nice lagers on the taps in our pubs?
I blame the kids, and the marketing people, and the press.

You just need to go to good pubs. The pub I work in currently has Konig Pilsener, Schneider Weisse and Budvar Dark on tap with over 150 bottled German, Belgian, Czech and Polish beers in stock. These pubs do exist, they are just pretty rare these days. Unfortunately for most people on here, that pub is in Leicester :drink:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I was in London at the weekend, and drunk in a bar on a double decker bus run by loads of Brazilians. I got a lager, thought it tasted really nice. So I asked where in Brazil the beer came from........ turns out it was brewed in HORSHAM

Rubbish!!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
My bro brings back as much Molson as he can whenever he makes his annual visits to Canada. The stuffs bloody lovely far better than the canned guff you get over here

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I was in London at the weekend, and drunk in a bar on a double decker bus run by loads of Brazilians. I got a lager, thought it tasted really nice. So I asked where in Brazil the beer came from........ turns out it was brewed in HORSHAM

Was it Hepworths Organic Blonde Lager? If so, I have a supplier who will deliver it to the office for you:drink:

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Having just got back from Canada, where I tried a number of Canadian beers, I'm missing them already. They were (mostly) lush. Anyone know if there's a place near by, or online, where you can purchase a wide range of beers from around the globe? Not just the popular shit (e.g. Budweiser).

I was in the same position last year when i got back from BC. There is a shop in Goring that sells Moosehead, but they rarely have it in stock. Not found any other beers sold in uk since then, Sainsbury's are selling Mountain Dew now though.

An abiding memory of New York is watching two cops drag a semi-conscious drunk out of the street and on to the pavement (or "sidewalk", as I believe they call it over there).

"You been drinking Canadian beer?" was the question the cops threw at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here