Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

interlaken???

:)

i HAVE just discovered INTERLAKEN, I am considering it for a camping hols for the little ones, for this year or perhaps in the future.

Has anyone been there, what is it really like?

karte_gross.jpg

LC

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Brilliant, expensive but loads of adventure/thrill type activites to do
I stayed in Grimmelwald slighlty further up the mpountains and walked to the top of schilthorn which has a revolving restaurant at the top (used in a bond movie -can't remeber which)

Brilliant, expensive but loads of adventure/thrill type activites to do
I stayed in Grimmelwald slighlty further up the mpountains and walked to the top of schilthorn which has a revolving restaurant at the top (used in a bond movie -can't remeber which)

looks like a quiet stroll:cool:

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
It is took about 4-5 hours but if your feeling lazy there is a bus from interlaken to teh cable car station which has about four stops so you can reduce how far you walk if at all. Muren is also very nice but did have a lot of fat american couples in their fourties - got drunk watching England v. France rugby match and had to walk back down the hill in the dark not the brightest decision of my life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been to Wengen a number of times snowboarding and have been through Interlaken during the winter months. A very nice part of the world.

che

Nov 24, 2007
It is wonderfull place.
I was in Thun a couple of years ago and I love it.The whole era is great but expensive.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Beautifull but expensive part of the world. We stayed in Grindelwald for a few days last year. The whole area is stunning and there are some great walks in the summer. The public transport over there is excellent too.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Been there both summer and winter and I love the place never tire of the views of the Eiger and the trip up the train to the glacier. The view out the window (as in the Eiger Sanction) in the north face of the Eiger is fantastic.

And its no more expensive than any other Swiss or Austrian resort if you search around.

My best friend had his honeymoon there and loved it shame he can't say the same thing about his (ex)wife.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I have been in both summer and winter (18 years ago). Really recommend it :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your coments, it looks like it will definately be a holiday destination, we can even get an overnighter Train from London - via Paris.

Unless of course someone can recommend a better place, with water , mountains, campsites and easily accessible by public transport.

LC and thanks

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I too did the train through the Eiger. The train stops inside the mountain and you can look out of the windows which are built into the North Face. I bet its still there albeit I was there 25 years ago.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
went there when I was young, loved the place and the mountain trips are rather very splendid. Also watch the local football team one day which was nice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
lucerne_lion.jpg

very moving statue in Lucern....well worth a visit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here