Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting take on the riots...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I find it quite remarkable how - in 48 hours from her country pad - She has managed to articulate the absolute reasoning behind what is happening in London. Now isn't the time for the hand wringing, it's time to stop the violence, whatever it takes. We have to understand why this happened but that's for later and that's for people who have spent more than a weekend on the sofa penning a story.

For what it's worth, had she wrote a piece about equality and fairness without reference to the riots, I would agree with her.

One more thing I agree with, where the hell is the so called 'Prime Minister'?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
MPs helped themselves to whatever expenses they thought they could get away with.
Bankers helped themselves to profits and bonuses at everyones expense.
Journalists help themselves to personal information illegally to further their careers.
Police help themselves to whatever freebies and expenses they think they can get away with.
Looters help themselves to mobile phones and TVs.
The rest of us are stuck in the middle.

usuall load of poor little lambs. lack of self responsibility is the root cause. these rioters, these gangs, are not going to youth clubs. they arent bothered that a CEO gets paid £2million bonus. they lack education and social morals, with parents that blame and defer responibility to authorities, and authorities that are given a new target or mission every other year, but with a philosophy of soft touch, dont upset anyone or anything along the way. most of the "underclass" are there because they cant be arsed to do anything better.

Very well and concisely put. Most of these scum bags will be back in school in September and the poor teachers will have to try to 'educate' them without the benefit of batons and riot shiels and then get it in the neck when political f*ckwits prevent them from trying to impose basic discipline and the viscious circle continues.

MPs helped themselves to whatever expenses they thought they could get away with.
Bankers helped themselves to profits and bonuses at everyones expense.
Journalists help themselves to personal information illegally to further their careers.
Police help themselves to whatever freebies and expenses they think they can get away with.
Looters help themselves to mobile phones and TVs.
The rest of us are stuck in the middle.

Yes except despite all the wrong doing of all the others they didn't try to replicate the success of the Luftwaffe from WW2 - slight difference?

I haven't got a pot to piss in, bills due for payment and can't pay them at the mo'. 3 children to entertain for 6 feckin weeks, however; I have to say I'm not about to tear up Shoreham high street..yet!
On a positive..I do have a ST and petrol at Asda is down to £132.7 this morning!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes except despite all the wrong doing of all the others they didn't try to replicate the success of the Luftwaffe from WW2 - slight difference?

True. But they cost the country a lot more money and got off scot-free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here