Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting point made by Harty on Saturday

Smart Mart said:
So dont bother then ?

You see, I somewhat naively assumed as you'd raised a few points in a REPLY TO ME, you might be capable of receiving a few back without some kind of unstable Tourettes outburst. But sure, as you say, lesson learnt, big style.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
London Irish said:
You see, I somewhat naively assumed as you'd raised a few points in a REPLY TO ME, you might be capable of receiving a few back without some kind of unstable Tourettes outburst. But sure, as you say, lesson learnt, big style.

Good. There's always a first time.

PS - only since the 1990's ?...what a noveau 'Johnny come Lately' you are.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dover said:
London Irish. Dover Athletic were the example of last year. The Vatman was about to place a winding up order on the club. Thier crime was that they forgot to pay the VAT on the hot food they sell at the ground.

If the club had to pay the money so be it. Dover managed to pay their bill through the generosity of fans, including many here, up and down the country.

They 'forgot' to pay a bill but then had to beg for money when some reminded them?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bozza. They claimed they did not know that they had to pay VAT on the burgers and hot dogs they sold. hence they got landed with a £37,000 Vat bill, which they simply did not have in the bank. The Vat man gave them 90 days to pay, or they would have had a winding up order.

The Dover Athletic fans are grateful to all those that helped.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bozza, that is just it. They claim they did not think that they had to charge VAT, as they had not read the taxation rules properly. Because of this they had never put the money to one side, and on investigation, they had to pay up.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I do remember when the "Eat in ?" question meant a more expensive meal but it seems a long time ago now. Maybe club directors don't eat at MacDonalds as often as I do.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I've nothing better to do and I've checked from the HMRC site. It changed in 1984.

However, I quote "The VAT and Duties Tribunal has recently found in favour of Customs in an appeal by Domino’s Pizza Group Ltd, who had argued that their supplies of hot takeaway and delivered pizzas should be zero-rated because their purpose in heating the food is to supply a freshly baked product, rather than to enable their customers to consume the product hot." So they don't cook their pizza so you can eat them hot. Fine by me, I like pizza cold. But you still get to pay the VAT.

*departstofridgeforsliceofcoldpepperonipizza*

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
m20gull said:
I've nothing better to do and I've checked from the HMRC site. It changed in 1984.

However, I quote "The VAT and Duties Tribunal has recently found in favour of Customs in an appeal by Domino’s Pizza Group Ltd, who had argued that their supplies of hot takeaway and delivered pizzas should be zero-rated because their purpose in heating the food is to supply a freshly baked product, rather than to enable their customers to consume the product hot." So they don't cook their pizza so you can eat them hot. Fine by me, I like pizza cold. But you still get to pay the VAT.

*departstofridgeforsliceofcoldpepperonipizza*

Did we have Domino's Pizza in 1984? Blimey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here