Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting point from another clubs prospective.........

As I live in the West Midlands now I am very near to Walsall and read their local paper and obviously Walsalls pre season stuff. In todays issue it puts Brighton as 1 the the main threats for promotion and being Walsall visit the Albion in August it says they have a tough opening to the season with Plymouth and "much fancied Brighton" in their opening few games!!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Its nice to see that being said about out team, I see us being in the mix with Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon Town, Peterbrough United, Huddersfield Town and Southampton at the end of the season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Indeed and we will set the league on fire this year, trust me

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As I live in the West Midlands now I am very near to Walsall and read their local paper and obviously Walsalls pre season stuff. In todays issue it puts Brighton as 1 the the main threats for promotion and being Walsall visit the Albion in August it says they have a tough opening to the season with Plymouth and "much fancied Brighton" in their opening few games!!!

Brighton as one of the main threats for promotion ? Means we're considered as one of the main contenders ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A Bournemouth fans analysis:

Viewing a thread - The FactuAL Guide to Division 1 - Part 1

BRIGHTON.
Players in: Radostin Kisishev (Liteks Lovetch), Gordon Greer (Swindon), Ashley Barnes (Plymouth).
Players out: Arron Davies (Peterborough), Craig Davies (Chesterfield), Andrew Crofts (Norwich), Jake Wright (Oxford), Nicky Forster (Brentford), Liam Dickinson (Barnsley).
Last Season. 13th.

600K was spent last season bolstering the squad, and for the Withdean faithful it must have seen money badly spent as Brighton didn't score in their first 3 games. They eventually got their first goal of the season, but unfortunately Huddersfield hit 7 in reply. They also managed to lose to Stockport at home 2-4 ( And Stockport only won 5 all season).
The Seagulls flitted around the bottom 6 till the end of January, but just 4 defeats in their last 19 games lifted them to a respectable 13th.
Kisishev is an interesting signing, although 35, he represented Bulgaria 88 times right up till 2009, and has a lot of Championship/Premiership experience.
Ashley Barnes has now signed after a successful loan spell last season.
Not sure if there are many goals in this squad.
2001/12 season will see the new stadium at last, and they will want to be playing championship football in it.
I don't think so, especially if they equal last seasons 12 red cards.

Brighton Trivia. Their nickname was once the Dolphins. That made them the 2nd best club on the south coast with that nickname!

Predicted Finish: 15th.

Read more: Viewing a thread - The FactuAL Guide to Division 1 - Part 1

What an absolute load of shit that article is, 15th? and missing most of our signings, if you cannot get the basics right in terms of signings then don't bloody bother.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Arron Davies to Peterborough - what the hell is that all about?

Its right that we did sign him, but it was just a way to get around a technicality

On 1 September, 2009, Davies signed a loan deal with League One side Brighton & Hove Albion until 31 December, 2009. However, after only 7 appearances, Brighton terminated his loan spell on 2 December, 2009 and Davies returned to Nottingham Forest.

On 19 January 2010, Davies, along with James Reid, Aaron Mitchell and Joe Heath, had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

A proposed move to join his former club, Yeovil Town, in January 2010 collapsed because FIFA regulations state that a player "may only play for two clubs in any one season where he has been on contract or a standard loan", which prevented him signing for a third club.

To avoid these regulations, on 11 February 2010, Arron was signed on non-contract terms for Brighton & Hove Albion and then was immediately loaned out until the end of the season back to Yeovil Town F.C..

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Think the Bournemouth one is more accurate in description of a lack of goals, but 15th is a bit low

Considering Oldham, the side with no money, poor attendances and a rookie unproved manager are predicted to finish 12th :lolol:
So we are expected to finish lower than last year according to that, 5 places below Bournemouth?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here