Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

interesting plymouth viewpoint

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Black Country Seagull said:
well perhaps if trolley or jarret were not out on loan, they would have been a better option - McPhee, though probably a nice bloke is not up to league football - when was the last time he scored compared to big mac lets say. What tools MM had, he discarded, cut you nose of to spite your face springs to mind

McCammon had all the chances he could possibly have wanted to prove himself. He was utter cr*p every time I saw him. His performance at Southampton was worse than cr*p, it was embarrassing. As for McPhee, he did a pretty decent job at Ninian Park earlier in the season, and I'd prefer him in the side to Trolley, even though I agree that McPhee is not up to it. The real issue is, we do not have the resources - as I said, it's not all McGhee's fault.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
samparish said:
Taking off a left winger and playing a left back there was another inspried move whilst trying to chase the game too.

Frutos was ineffective. Mayo played left wing, not left back....he did no worse than Frutos, and has actually proved this season that he's a decent enough player, as long as he's not at left back.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Jim in the West said:
Frutos was ineffective. Mayo played left wing, not left back....he did no worse than Frutos, and has actually proved this season that he's a decent enough player, as long as he's not at left back.

Mayo has looked ok in midfield and when played by coppell as a marker in a 3-5-2 formation looked a championship player.

However, jarret is the perfect person to have on the bench if you need to replace frutos -

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Fragmented Badger said:
I have thought throughout the last 2 years, and probably even before that, that what we needed more than absolutely anything (and that includes a new striker or a new manager) is a decent central midfield player who can move around the pitch quickly, pass the ball, and get forward

There seems to be an obsession over our need for a new striker, and how if we were to sign one then we would suddenly stay up. I cannot see it without a new midfield beforehand.

I agree, the strikers don't seem to be that bad, the problem appears to be distribution. We are in need of a more mobile central midfield pairing and have been for a while. MM seems to have an obsession with the strikers being the fualt. I do wonder however whether they practice attacking balls into the box - as we see little evidence of anyone from midfield making runs into the box from deep. The same could be said of the strikers, they very rarely attack a cross

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here