Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

interesting plymouth viewpoint

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
After watching this game I am convinced that Brighton are definitely going down. Argyle won one of the most boring games I have seen in a long time, and Brighton did not have the passion to even challenge once Argyle went in front soon after the half hour mark.

Full story at.......
http://plymouthargyle.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=966&p=2&stid=8405035

Worryingly even this plymouth fan thought we have no fight left after we went a goal down. I'm concerned that MM is putting to much emphasis on the sheffield wed and millwall games! Does he think niether side will pick any more points up between now and then?
Oh dear congested with cold and as down as the albion team.....dear oh dear

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That's pretty much how it came across on SCR. Hawesy making the comment that Albion didn't fashion a single shot on goal after going behind. How MM can be happy with that I don't know.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
As per usual he doesn't seem to have the ability to change the game with his tactical changes either

Surely when you are losing with 10 to go you bring on an extra striker rather than swapping one for one, after all it really doesnt' matter now if we lose 1-0 or 5-0 surely throwing as many attacking options on as possible for the final minutes isn't that hard an idea to think of.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
80's Seagull said:
That's pretty much how it came across on SCR. Hawesy making the comment that Albion didn't fashion a single shot on goal after going behind. How MM can be happy with that I don't know.

Because he must have been "drinking pints of whisky"! :eek:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
tinx said:
As per usual he doesn't seem to have the ability to change the game with his tactical changes either

Surely when you are losing with 10 to go you bring on an extra striker rather than swapping one for one, after all it really doesnt' matter now if we lose 1-0 or 5-0 surely throwing as many attacking options on as possible for the final minutes isn't that hard an idea to think of.

Perhaps that's what he thought at the Madejski, didn't work then either !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
80's Seagull said:

Beacuse MM is a xxxx.

There I said it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
34064 Fighter Command said:
Perhaps that's what he thought at the Madejski, didn't work then either !

Slightly different being down to 10 men against the league leaders and already losing miserably to 1-0 down 10 to go oooh what can I do to turn this game aorund, take off gatting and bring on McPhee that should do it. I seem remember he did something equally as non attacking when 1-0 down to watford a couple of weeks ago.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
tinx said:
Slightly different being down to 10 men against the league leaders and already losing miserably to 1-0 down 10 to go oooh what can I do to turn this game aorund, take off gatting and bring on McPhee that should do it. I seem remember he did something equally as non attacking when 1-0 down to watford a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately Gatting was doing nothing. He was probably knackered after playing 120 mins as the loan striker vs Newcastle on Wednesday (which is another issue!). I had no real prob with McGhee taking off Gatts and bringing on McPhee....the real issue is that there were no other obvious options. The plain fact is, the tools MM has to work with are not up to the job.....it's not all his fault.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Asking what amounts to basically kids to do a mans job !

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Surely even a tired striker for the last 10 minutes has more of a chance of scoring than keeping on someone like el-abd or someone who is never gonna score ever.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Jim in the West said:
....the real issue is that there were no other obvious options. The plain fact is, the tools MM has to work with are not up to the job.....it's not all his fault.

If he hadn't fallen out with our top goal scorer and the closest thing we had to a target man, been totally incapable of replacing them and spend most of his preseason budget on some useless argentianain who was never going to make it over here THEN there may have been some options..

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Taking off a left winger and playing a left back there was another inspried move whilst trying to chase the game too.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Jim in the West said:
Unfortunately Gatting was doing nothing. He was probably knackered after playing 120 mins as the loan striker vs Newcastle on Wednesday (which is another issue!). I had no real prob with McGhee taking off Gatts and bringing on McPhee....the real issue is that there were no other obvious options. The plain fact is, the tools MM has to work with are not up to the job.....it's not all his fault.

well perhaps if trolley or jarret were not out on loan, they would have been a better option - McPhee, though probably a nice bloke is not up to league football - when was the last time he scored compared to big mac lets say. What tools MM had, he discarded, cut you nose of to spite your face springs to mind

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Strewth,when I read this it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who talks rubbish.

I've never managed a Championship football team,but I've watched a lot of Albion games and it's been obvious that we don't have a single striker who could hit a cow's bum with a shovel.

We haven't had a single striker on our books in our latest Championship foray.

2 seasons,and NOT ONE to write home about.

Lucky to get currency for Leon Knight who is too small to be any good in this league,which also goes for Jake Robinson.

McPhee is still a learner,as is CKR.

Gatting is being touted as a saviour,and he may be,but not yet.

McCammon is a woeful joke,and Turienzo(who I've never seen,so not alone there then)is an absentee.

I've never managed a Championship team,and I suspect no other contributor has.

So,the obvious answer is to blame the bloke who does.The bloke who suffers at every twist and turn as he sees the best team the club can afford struggle in a division which has some dire teams in ,and which we should have a chance against.A lot of people would have thrown the towel in by now,and we could be attracting thousands upon thousands of credible applicants for the poisoned chalice.

Nope,I wouldn't apply,and nor would a lot of those who have been touted on this board.

Nobody will agree,but we have a poor team with a good manager.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I agree with LDH and Black Country Seagull. Think of our team as it is now, as then imagine Jarrett, McCammon, and Knight in a forward line - I know which side would be more likely to win (or even score). And that id all down to MM.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
MM seems to be after the Holy Grail that is the architypal centre forward/target man - something he has been chasing for the last 18 months - what makes him think he's going to get one now?

In the absence of a centre forward better than we have, I would have liked us to have got a good championship-standard midfielder, someone that could put their foot on the ball, pick out a pass and score the odd goal. Coventry signed two of them in the transfer window, Wise and Hutchinson, Oxford are looking at another- Jim Magilton.

If we can't get a forward why oh why are we not trying to get in other players that are Championship standard that can help keep us up????

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
withdeanwombat said:
Nobody will agree,but we have a poor team with a good manager.

We had a very average team with a fantastic team spirit, who used to scrap and punch above their weight, consisting of some "ok" players brought in cheap by our various managers, or home grown, supplemented by loan signings, generally of promising kids from Premiership clubs. Anyone with real promise has been sold as soon as any interest is shown. Fighters such as FDM, Harty, Cullip, Chippy, Oatway and Kerry were at the heart of everything.

The fantastic team spirit that got us back-to-back championships has now gone. It has been wrecked by the ineptitude of Magoo. Now we have a team that is still without true ability, and with no team spirit or passion. Magoo has wrecked our Club! :censored:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
dunno said:
MM seems to be after the Holy Grail that is the architypal centre forward/target man - something he has been chasing for the last 18 months - what makes him think he's going to get one now?

In the absence of a centre forward better than we have, I would have liked us to have got a good championship-standard midfielder, someone that could put their foot on the ball, pick out a pass and score the odd goal. Coventry signed two of them in the transfer window, Wise and Hutchinson, Oxford are looking at another- Jim Magilton.

If we can't get a forward why oh why are we not trying to get in other players that are Championship standard that can help keep us up????

I think that a half decent experienced midfielder would have helped enormously. One like Wise, Hutchinson or Magilton funnily enough....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here