Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Micky Adams article in the Sunday Independent

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It is sad that he feels shafted .... but paradoxically let's not forget Dean Wilkins had been similarly shafted to make was for him!

Well, exactly. Whinging about how Brighton treated him is hypocrisy when he colluded in the Wilkins dismissal. He'll always be one of our greatest managers but he should shut up and get on with his new life - good luck with it.

D

Deleted User X18H

Other way round. Adams belittled and ridiculed Lloyd.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He always was a bit difficult to like IMO. The only and his one trick has always been to be to fill his team up with players that he knows and trusts to do a decent job.

Yeah he should have gone for players that he didn`t know who couldn`t do a decent job.

or maybe million pound foreigners.

Once again he`s proving how crap he is at Port Vale.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barry Lloyd, for one.
Trouble is when he eventually won his battle with Lloyd and got his own targets in at the end of January they all turned out to be a bit shit, except McNulty. Results got worse, if anything.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it says a lot that Mr. Lloyd's final input into the scouting network was a recommendation to sign Holroyd.

Shortly afterwards, bumped behind the scenes.

Lloyd recommended some absolute tosh in his time as chief scout.

entente cordiale

Nov 12, 2005
Will always love MA for first spell and for his continuing support for the club's quest for Falmer, we never begrudged him moving on to better things at the first opportunity, but the football, bar magic night vs Man City, was poor during phase two and his obsession with loan players undermined youth team > first team core of Wilkins era which was serving us well given modest funds.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I lost a lot of respect for Adams when he seemed to ridicule the Brighton support with various comments. Too comfortable in his second stint for his own good. Hebhas tarnished his reputation enough with his pathetic display in his second spell. He would do well to shut up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anybody ever considered that loan players may have been his only way of strengthening the side and replacing players he didnt consider to be good enough.

It has been suggested more than once that Dk had an unhealthy control on picking players and even possibly the team but other than those very close to MA will know the truth, one way or another.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Has anybody ever considered that loan players may have been his only way of strengthening the side and replacing players he didnt consider to be good enough.

It has been suggested more than once that Dk had an unhealthy control on picking players and even possibly the team but other than those very close to MA will know the truth, one way or another.

I still don't understand this obsession with DK picking the team. It seems to boil from the one decision to go over the managers head and trust the contact to sign Turienzo.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you would bring this up again. Weren't you promised a hefty sum in your bank account to front some sort of consortium?

Dear BensGrandad,

My name is Mr Papaya Um Bongo. I have £80m to spend on a new stadium for Brighton....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

If that were the case he came to the situation with his eyes open second time round and would deservedly lose a great deal of respect as a result.

My personal view is that the suggestion was only ever made by people with a concern to detract from the good work that Knight did for the club - an easy stick to beat someone with when there is no recourse to a defence.

Edit: beat me to it BoF

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I don't think so, Adams was Knight's man, he brought him here to try and assert his own power, he kept him on as manager far longer than anyone else reasonably would have and only sacked him when ordered to. Lloyd was ostensibly Bloom's man but more interested in trying to buy his own players.
The backdrop may not have been ideal but the coaching of the players, the tactics, the statements he made, ultimately the performance of the side was Adams' responsibility and his failure in that can't be blamed on anyone else.

Still I'm glad it's working out for him at Port Vale, it's worked out for us too eventually, and even possibly worked out for Dean Wilkins (as far as I know he's still at Southampton?).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I still don't understand this obsession with DK picking the team. It seems to boil from the one decision to go over the managers head and trust the contact to sign Turienzo.

QUOTE]

I am just stating that he MAY have had no alternative to replace the players who he considered to not be good enough i
other than to use loans, as we had no money.

I am also suggesting that it has been rumoured by many that DK had control of all players as one would expect from the chairman as regards buying selling and loaning but some have suggested it went deeper. I do not know if that is true and neither does anybody else other than MA and his very close associates. perhaps that is what is being suggested by the post that DK let him down. I do not know and am only asking. You will notice I chose to delete the rest of the rubbish you posted.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
One of the best managers Brighton have ever had and turned us around. Will never be forgotten for what he achieved. Came back and he and the club had moved on. He is still a legend and should be remembered for all the good things. Shame it didn't work out the second time but he has given me great memories when he was hear. Still a great manager and I hope he does well whatever club he is at.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If that were the case he came to the situation with his eyes open second time round and would deservedly lose a great deal of respect as a result.

My personal view is that the suggestion was only ever made by people with a concern to detract from the good work that Knight did for the club - an easy stick to beat someone with when there is no recourse to a defence.

Edit: beat me to it BoF
Thing is there is a stick to beat Knight with here, but bensgrandad has the wrong end of it. :laugh: I don't really see the point anyway, he's finished now and overall did great things for the club.
Although to be honest I don't know who is supposed to be damaging Micky's family's reputation or whatever.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I am just stating that he MAY have had no alternative to replace the players who he considered to not be good enough i
other than to use loans, as we had no money.

I am also suggesting that it has been rumoured by many that DK had control of all players as one would expect from the chairman as regards buying selling and loaning but some have suggested it went deeper. I do not know if that is true and neither does anybody else other than MA and his very close associates. perhaps that is what is being suggested by the post that DK let him down. I do not know and am only asking. You will notice I chose to delete the rest of the rubbish you posted.

You are not suggesting anything. Time and time again you have laboured the point that DK had an unhealthy grasp on team matters.

Rumoured? Who started these rumours? You?

Did DK let Micky down in his successful spell that lead him on to move to Leicester? Clearly not. During his unsuccessful period, he now criticises AN Other. From the outset, it seems like he is blaming his failings on someone else that he does not have the balls to out.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon, a bit like the Wilkins debacle, we'll probably never know the full story, and as we don't know all the facts, I don't think it is fair to comment.

Mickey is a legend to me for what he did first time around, and for that I'll always be grateful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here