Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting FACTS you have learned recently...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dolphins use their cocks as fingers to touch people with when they swim with them. My girlfriend is swimming with a dolphin tomorrow and I'm not sure whether to be jealous.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:
Dolphins use their cocks as fingers to touch people with when they swim with them. My girlfriend is swimming with a dolphin tomorrow and I'm not sure whether to be jealous.

You learnt that by reading your own post on another thread.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
You learnt that by reading your own post on another thread.

My girlfriend's posting on here now? Aw, shitsticks.:dunce:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Crystal Palace is a euphemism for 'totally shit'.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Thomas Krapper invented the flushable toilet, thats where the word "crap" comes from

12% of Americans believe that Elvis is still alive

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Easy 10 said:
A Harrier Jumpjet can only hover for a maximum of 90 seconds. This is because it takes maximum thrust to maintain the aircraft in a hovering position, and this puts an enormous strain on the jet engine. It has to DOUSE itself with water to prevent overheating, and the aircraft can only carry enough water to do this for 90 seconds in total. After that, the engine will explode, killing the pilot and showering everyone below with burning debris.

That has to be bollocks?? - I went to an air show a couple of years ago and one of the highlights was an aerial "Ballet" by a Harrier that lasted about 10 minutes - and was one of the most fantastic thing I have ever seen in my life. Ferchrissake the thing hovered and "flew" backwards in a circle, and the circle was only about twice the length of the aircraft itself - apparently an impossible manouver for any other aircraft in the world (makes you proud to be British)!!!!!

The real highlight of the day was a flypast of the then largest collection of Spitfires and Hurricanes that had been got-togethr since the war - awesome sight indeed. £4 aicraft (I think) brought a tear to my eye. :ohmy:

:wave:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Auditor said:
West Hams 1974 F A Cup winning team was the last all english team to win the trophy

West Ham didn't win it in 1974. So is that Liverpool 74, or West Ham 75?

Sorry, that's a real uber-nerd post, but it was annoying me.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Re: Re: Interesting FACTS you have learned recently...

FamilyGuy said:
That has to be bollocks?? - I went to an air show a couple of years ago and one of the highlights was an aerial "Ballet" by a Harrier that lasted about 10 minutes - and was one of the most fantastic thing I have ever seen in my life. Ferchrissake the thing hovered and "flew" backwards in a circle, and the circle was only about twice the length of the aircraft itself - apparently an impossible manouver for any other aircraft in the world (makes you proud to be British)!!!!!

The real highlight of the day was a flypast of the then largest collection of Spitfires and Hurricanes that had been got-togethr since the war - awesome sight indeed. £4 aicraft (I think) brought a tear to my eye. :ohmy:

:wave:

It ain't bollocks .. hovering in one place uses shed loads of water, the 'ballet' at airshow is clever because the manouvers actually use less water ... I know cause I spent two years mending the poxy things ... we used to refer to them as 'plastic pigs' or 'Robin Reliants' ... it is impresive though.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Tooting Gull said:
West Ham didn't win it in 1974. So is that Liverpool 74, or West Ham 75?

Sorry, that's a real uber-nerd post, but it was annoying me.

West Ham won it in 75 by beating Fulham 2-0. Bobby Moore was Fulham's captain and Mullery was also in Fulhams team.

West Ham were also the last all Brittish side to win the FA cup in 1980.

West Ham were the last side outside the top division to win the FA cup in 1980

It is impossible to lick your elbow (bet you're trying it now !!!)

It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

You can only catch a cold or flu from someone else, it cannot be caught by going out into the cold or wet.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
a polar bear can eat 150lb of meat in one sitting

a man burns 87 calories takings off a womens bra with his teeth

so a good way for a polar bear to lose weight after eating would be to take off a womens bra with its teeth

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
in spanish the word " colgate" translate into the command "go hang yourselfs"

supermans name on kypton was kal-el.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Eggmundo said:
A Vacuum does not suck.

Neither do Kev The Ape's girlfriends:lolol: